Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Help/Comments on PT stats (nearly 20,000 hands)

[ QUOTE ]
Well I would recommend that someone who is losing/breaking even learned to play tighter poker than most around here recommend. At first I was a break even/losing player, then I read Internet Texas Hold Em by Matt Hilger and instantly started winning. I played almost exactly as this book instructs, started winning and my stats were much more "weak-tight" than most 2+2. As I've got more comfortable, I have opened up and now I play more like V$IP of 19%, PFR of 7% and AF of 1.9. I tried raising in EP with hands like KQ, AJ, ATs, 77, etc and found that I was getting mudered. My best advice to this guy would be to read ITH, play exactly how it instructs than read Small Stakes Hold Em and start incorporating more advanced strategies into your game. (Maybe you should consider dropping down to $.50/$1 and multi-tabling - I can't imagine playing 19K hands and being down $$!) Also, what I've done is relied a lot on implied odds on the flop, knowing that if I hit my hand I will have two more rounds of betting at increased $$... my flop AF is 1.5 while my AF on the turn is 2.3.

This might sound strange and I'm sure I'll get ripped for it and everyone will tell me how I am a losing player in the long run, but this is what has worked for me. (For the record, my 3BB/100 is 4.1BB/100 at $.50/$1 and 1.6BB at $$1/$2)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice man. I've read all of the books you speak of. The Malmuth/Sklansky book is the bible I play by, always have. Not a newbie here, been playing brick and mortar 12/24 limit on a very regular basis for 3+ years. I do fine in live games, and actually do just fine on the internet NORMALLY. I had a decent stat list going until the last 1,000 hands, which i referenced in my original post - that last 1,000 hands on a bad run took me from 1.11 BB/100 to .26. So no, i wouldn't say i'm a "losing" player, though these last 1,000 have crippled any profit i had run.

From the sounds of it, my game is very similar to your current play of 19% VPIP, 7% pf raise and AF aggression. Though my AF is much higher than yours. I am very much in the 19 VPIP and 7% range.

Again, not getting beaten up by any means, but was wondering if anyone had any great insights. It sounds like there's not much to be found here based on my stats alone - other than go to showdown about 3% more of the time and get my W$SD% down about 4% or so. Raising pf on a view extra hands is necessary it looks like too.