Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 03:40 AM

Default Does this plan suck?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter

Table is playing loose and so so agressive. The preflop raiser is short stacked, took some beats and I suspect is on tilt. When I called the raise preflop I expected both limpers to call. Should I just fold preflop?

MP3 ($75.2)
CO ($104.1)
Button ($334.25)
SB ($200)
BB ($270.55)
Hero ($166.85)
UTG+1 ($200.55)
UTG+2 ($222.65)
MP1 ($185.8)
MP2 ($170.4)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $10</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls $8, UTG+2 calls $8, MP2 calls $8.

Flop: ($43) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>.....My plan is to re-raise all in if one/both of the limpers call my $10 bet and the preflop raiser pushes for his last 65 bucks...good/bad?
Old 03-25-2005, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Does this plan suck?

That is an aggressive play, but 9 outs to the nuts, 6 outs of overcards, and a BD st. Why not? You will probably be heads up w/ the preflop raiser.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:49 AM

I don't like it. Your overcard outs might not be good and if one of the people between you and the PF raiser smooth calls with a set (also hoping the preflop raiser raises you), you're only drawing to a flush/backdoor straight and hoping the board won't pair. I would like it much better if you had position relative to the raiser. Then if you bet small and he raises, the rest of the field will have to act before you put in your big reraise and you will have a better idea of if somebody is sandbagging.

I don't like limp-calling with AJs (or AJo) at all because you are in so much danger of being dominated and playing for the flush out of position is difficult.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:02 AM

Why not just call if he raises, hoping to build a bigger pot? You're on a nut flush draw; you want to play multiway. Give UTG+2 and MP2 -- the deep stacks --every chance to stay in the action in case you hit.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not just call if he raises, hoping to build a bigger pot? You're on a nut flush draw; you want to play multiway. Give UTG+2 and MP2 -- the deep stacks --every chance to stay in the action in case you hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

the point is he could play it like that but if he gets it heads up against a Q 10 or K 10, he is the favorite to win, or maybe it's around 50/50 or so (his overcards are good) and heads up he is good especially with the dead money.

That being said, you have no reason to think your overcards are good here, and there is a very good chance the raiser has A 10 or something, so your aces are no good in that case. I think this is 12 outs twice, so with the dead money, it's usually on the fence... but if for some reason you suspect a set or 2 pair (the player is solid) it might be smart to lay this sucker down.