Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 03:50 PM

Default stud/8: risk getting squeezed?

I start with a gorgeous hand that develops nicely, but so does the bring-in's. Seat 8 is kind of a loose cannon. Note there is no ante.

Getting to a showdown is going to be real expensive and I'm already sunk if Seat 6 has an A or 4 in the hole.

(Thanks to greenage for tweaking the converter to work with Paradise's HH).

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1), Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___Fold
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___Fold
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___Raise
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___Fold
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___Fold
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___Bring-in___Call
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___Call___Call

4th Street - (3.00 SB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___Bet
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___Call
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___Call

5th Street - (3.00 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___Bet___Call
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___Raise
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___Call

6th Street - (9.00 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___Check___???????
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___Bet___.......
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___Raise
Old 11-07-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: stud/8: risk getting squeezed?

Looks good. Easy fold, IMO. Looks like might be drawing dead for both halves, maybe a slim chance at making a low.

Aside: You bet fifth hoping to get raised and knock out the high. This is good.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:22 PM

This is a tough one after you started off so well, but I think you have to fold this imo. This is going to cost you a lot of bets in a pot where you very well might be drawing dead on both sides.

Scags
Old 11-07-2005, 05:42 PM

I agree that it’s a fold but I don’t think it’s that easy. Considering the limit and that Seat 6 is the bring-in, I don’t think he needs much to call Hero’s completion.

When Seat 6 raises Fifth, he may think he is the only low hand and he certainly has the only made low at that point.

On Sixth, Hero has a made low, but it’s kind of stinky (a smooth 6-7). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would call single bets on Sixth and Seventh all day long, although this could be why I’m still in the micros. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Since I could be beat, Seat 6 could draw to a better low if I’m not, and having to call 2-bets cold w/o closing the action I suppose I fold this but would not like it.

The thing that gets me about this hand is that my action and board could be construed by Seat 6 as me going high. If he thinks he has the only low, there is no reason for him not to bet/raise any low hand.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a smooth 6-7

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anywho, yeah, I probably call a single bet here on sixth, particularly at these limits and given read.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:47 AM

The trouble is, if I had 87 in the hole and I was showing 2356, and 76AA checked into me, I would bet and absolutely love it when the chump with brick-high straight cards raised.

That said, it's probably the right thing to do to fold. Pick a better spot to take the chump's money.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:48 PM

Results: I folded. The possibility of Seat 6 having a 4 or A made it too risky to get to a showdown unimproved. Seat 8 clearly had to have had a straight by 6th street.
Seat 8 plays good.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1), Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___Fold
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___Raise
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___Fold
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___Fold
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___Bring-in___Call
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___Call___Call

4th Street - (3.00 SB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___Bet
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___Call
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___Call

5th Street - (3.00 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___Bet___Call
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___Raise
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___Call

6th Street - (9.00 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___Check___Fold
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___Bet___Call
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___Raise

River - (13.00 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___Call
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___Bet

Total pot: (15.00 BB)

Results:
Pot: $14.50 | Rake: $0.50

Seat 6: bet $6, collected $7.25, net +$1.25 (showed hand)
[ 7s 3s 2c 5c 6s 3d Ts ] LO: 7,6,5,3,2 HI: a pair of threes

Seat 8: bet $6, collected $7.25, net +$1.25 (showed hand)
[ Js 9h Qs Td Kd 9s 8s ] HI: a straight, nine to king
Old 11-09-2005, 05:30 AM

Gotta love this game!

I fold it, one of the most expensive spots you can find if you know theyll go nuts.