Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Situation in SSNL

[ QUOTE ]
You should let new posters discuss this as much as they want.

While it may be possible to read old threads, a lot of learning is done by posting your own thoughts.

Folding KK pre-flop may not be a great practical thread. But, it has potential to get posters thinking about theoretical ideas that go way beyond the play of just KK pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Dynasty here. I don't see how it's possibly in 2+2's best interest to make off limits discussion of certain poker strategy. Beyond that I don't think it's good for the users. Sure it's an inconvenience having one or two repetitive topics seemingly permanently on the first page but users should feel free to discuss any strategy subject they wish.

Another example is folding aces preflop in tournaments well before the bubble. There was a recent thread with a subject like "an interesting AA preflop decision." El Diablo responded with what I and probably several other posters were thinking, something like "I didn't read the thread but I'm going to go with 'call'" It's irritating but the people that haven't seen these topics before (and there are many) learn a fair amount from this discussion, I know I did when I first encountered them.