Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 09:07 AM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
i think its the guy who is not immediatly showing or mucking, that is the one being a dick and contributing to the non-fun atmosphere, our action is only a response to his

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. An the "dick" has a "defender" (friend?. team member? aid?) at the table willing to argue.

An alternate, maybe better way to do this may be to just say: "I want to see your hand, please show it to me", at the same time that you turn yours and scoop the pot. If he mucks without showing, then you know 100% he is angle shooting and then, you will have to decide whether to say something about it or not.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:12 AM

Default Re: Question to all of you who agree w/ bike

[ QUOTE ]
In both cases, one player has let the other know his hand is good. In both cases, the player with the best hand has the right to see the worse hand.

I don't exercise my right in either case.

How about you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree with you about making a point of this specific instance. However, in general, the whole table would be better off if everyone just rolled their hand in order like they're suppossed to. Saving time and gaining info.

When it's checked around on the river, too many people want to keep their hand a secret when they're suppossed to roll and always wait to see what everyone else has.

And it's usually the guy who's been leading the betting, then checks the river, then looks at the anxious guy who's been calling him to now figure his hand must be good and show it, which he does. The leader then mucks unseen.

It's not a big deal, but if everyone just followed the simple basic rules, no one would have to take it away from the gentleman game aspect and ask a guy to just roll his hand like he was suppossed too.

It makes me laugh when someone is now a nit for asking a guy to stop being a weasel.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It makes me laugh when someone is now a nit for asking a guy to stop being a weasel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put!
Old 11-11-2005, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was the n00b who got pwned by diablo in this argument. And based on what I said the part he posted its hard to argue with his logic. But here is my final point which I also stated at the end of our convo.

MakeHimShowHisLosingHandk heres my last point, i think its the guy who is not immediatly showing or mucking, that is the one being a dick and contributing to the non-fun atmosphere, our action is only a response to his, thats like if one guy doesnt straddle, so then we decide we dont want to either, but only after someone else doesnt

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the "He's being a dick, therefore I can be a dick" argument.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Because the opponent in BK's situation is unnecessarily slowing the game down.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's not! He just announced what he had!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. You say "one pair." If he says "good" or raps the table, you flip your hand or flash your Ace. If he then shows a better hand, you punch him in the face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Execept in my experience that's not the way it works.

It usually works like this he says "King high", I say "that's no good". He looks and waits and then looks some more and realizes he has to turn his hand over. He turns over King high, I turn over a better hand. And finally the pot gets pushed to me.

BTW, why can't people just turn over there hands when they get caught bluffing? I always do and don't think twice about it. This is the first time it's ever happened to him?
Old 11-11-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, why can't people just turn over there hands when they get caught bluffing? I always do and don't think twice about it. This is the first time it's ever happened to him?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thought as well. This dude is playing 150/300 and he is embarrassed to show a bluff? If so, just muck your hand then. Does he really think BK called him with a worse K or Q high?

FWIW, I don't really have a problem with what BK did. I just think it is on the other guy to muck his hand or show the bluff once BK calls in that situation because that is what I always do. So I hold people to the same standard.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bobby,
If everyone at the table understands that this is how a showdown should work, then by all means, be cool, do what everybody else is doing. No need to be a jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's all I was saying. I really wasn't saying that this particular piece of etiquette is universally accepted or super important necessarily.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:05 PM

A while back, playing some 6-12, I was playing against a maniac and called him down on the river with a pair of threes and a kicker that didn't play. He said, "I missed, I only have a pair of threes." I didn't say anything, and he just mucked it. My guess is he was trying to shoot an angle, maybe get me to muck ace high, as he figured I'd be calling him down with almost anything. But there is a possibility he mucked a pair. If, say, on the preceding hand, the hand bicyclekick described transpired and I turned over my hand first, then he might be tipped off on the next hand by my silence that I was very weak as well. I don't think it's bad form to try to protect your future hands by forcing "embarassment mucks." If they want a chance at the pot, they're gonna have to show 'em, and they don't get to know in advance when they actually do have a realistic chance or if they might as well just save face.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:45 AM

Default Re: 150/300 bellagio hand

I agree with El D on this. As long as I know the other player or he has not been a royal prick, I will be a gentlemen and turn over if I catch them bluffing and they say they have nothing. If I have some reason to believe I won't be extended the same courtesy or this person is not friendly, I may just sit their till they turn over. I mean, they're basically giving you information by saying their hand is busted or if they say ace high or whatever. I don't go for blood money in these spots and just take the pot down. Many people I play with would extend me the same courtesy.

Jeff