Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: leading with middle set on turn OOP vs two opponents

if i got two callers, the pot would be $32, i'd have $97 left. if i thought someone would bet, then i'd check raise all-in on the turn. if i thought they were both on the draw, i'd bet $25-$30. most likely i'd bet...if they called that and the draw hit without pairing the board, i'd check/fold the river. sets lose sometimes and with two callers, at least one of them has the hearts.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't like the flop check-raise, especially when you're giving great odds on a draw heavy board. i'd lead for $8 and likely 3-bet all-in if raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do it you get two callers on the flop and the same K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] turn? I assume a pot-sized bet on the turn and then give it up if they both come along and the river brings a heart.

I chose to check raise since I was confident someone would open with a raise behind me and I could get a big bet in but I wasn't confident anyone would reraise if I opened. I'm just starting out in this game and would love to hear your thoughts on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slowplaying is overrated and there are times for it. This is not one of those times. Pot the turn. Another Ace I move in and don't expect AK to turn up. Another heart that doesn't pair the board, i'm a little worried and most likely check/call a reasonable bet. I probably only check a board if the board is extremely drawless. An example for this hand would be K95 rainbow. This is the type of board you can checkraise. Only time I check on a heavy drawing board is with 5-6 players when I'm willing to take a chance and if it checks around reanalyze my situation. Just my thoughts, but pot this turn.
-Ace
Old 08-01-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet $50 on the turn getting a call from UTG+1 and river brought the ugly 3. I lead out for my remaining $40 (which I think is a no brainer) and villain called and took the pot with Q T.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is real bad. Just because you're committed for your last $40 doesn't mean YOU have to put it in there. Check-call, check-call, check-call! Give him a chance to bluff. He's never folding a flush here, and he's not calling with any hand much worse than yours
Old 08-01-2005, 02:49 PM

interesting article

I would bet little less than pot.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
interesting article

I would bet little less than pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

That article talks about turn decision when you have TP on the turn. OP had a set not TP. I would bet at least pot on the turn.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bet $50 on the turn getting a call from UTG+1 and river brought the ugly 3. I lead out for my remaining $40 (which I think is a no brainer) and villain called and took the pot with Q T.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is real bad. Just because you're committed for your last $40 doesn't mean YOU have to put it in there. Check-call, check-call, check-call! Give him a chance to bluff. He's never folding a flush here, and he's not calling with any hand much worse than yours

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with check-call. If I'm beat then I'm definitely losing this $40 either way and if I'm not beat then I'm potentially leaving money on the table by checking. I just don't see him laying down a hand like aces up when he's getting 5:1 whereas I do see him checking behind.

I agree that he's not folding a better hand than mine (the flush or straight he hit on the river if we disregard the possibility he's been slowplaying QQ or 34). He will most certainly bet these hands and I'm going to call since I'm getting almost 5:1 (193:40) and I think there's better odds than this that he has aces up or some other hand I beat.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't like the flop check-raise, especially when you're giving great odds on a draw heavy board. i'd lead for $8 and likely 3-bet all-in if raised.

pot turn, push river.

[/ QUOTE ]

good answer

fim