Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 03:34 AM

Default i sure hope you had 55

button is 16.5/12.3/2.11. other guy is 37.3/12.9/1.34. that's all i know.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

River: (5.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 11-26-2005, 03:41 AM

Default Re: i sure hope you had 55

I would never fold here. Ever.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:45 AM

i hated myself as soon as i hit fold.

just needed verification.

back to 4 tables...
Old 11-26-2005, 05:09 AM

I bet the turn.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:27 PM

There's merit to 3 betting preflop, and there's merit to c/r the flop when you didn't 3bet PF. I think your river fold is fine if button is even considering what your river bet out into two people might mean. I don't think button is expecting a fold from you.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:54 PM

This is a scary board to hope that you can pull of a turn check raise. I just lead it.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:34 PM

"I don't think button is expecting a fold from you."

more proof that the best players say to themselves when someone bets or raises: is this a bet that wants to be called or a bet that wants me to fold? this is a great way to think about these situations.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:07 PM

This is a read-dependent situation.

Without a read I would lean towards calling down more. If button is solid and I have a good image to him then I wouldn't mind your fold too much since it's hard to imagine button raising with something that doesn't beat one pair.

With that said and how you played this hand, I think this is a good spot to check the river to induce a bluff by checking for the third time.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:04 PM

i'm glad you said that. at first i thought bet/folding was good because i just couldn't see him bluffing me in this spot, especially in a pot this size. but then i tried putting him on a hand afterwards... i don't even know that he'd play 55 like this, and what other better hand is he checking the turn with? and raising the river? i can see it being a fine fold though, and i think i'll go ahead and trust your judgment.

preflop is usually a standard 3-bet for me but this guy was tight and i'm trying to tone down the pf aggression when i'm at a full table, so i called. c/r on the flop is something i almost never do, but should probably do more of.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:50 AM

I disagree wiht you betting this river. Anyone that will call will likely have you beat in this situation espeically since u are first to act. Any straight will definately raise, although i dont see how the button would check the turn with a straight.

Lastly, if you fold this river, it is unliekly that he has a set because he would generally not raise with a set with this board.

Check call especiially from the button bet would be appropriate.