Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 01:33 AM

Default $3/$6 limit at B&M - KK at very loose table

This happened a couple Saturdays ago at Harveys in Stateline, NV. I had been at this table for about an hour, and Seat 1 was gambling it up. He didn't mind being honest about folding or betting a hand: having already folded a couple times when he promised he was folding while heads up, and each time he bet on the turn or river he was showing a winner (he always tabled his hand).

I had already gotten heads up with Seat 1 while raising/betting AA in the pocket; He was check-calling the whole way, but when 4 to a straight hit on the river he just bet into me (obviously afraid of having it checked around). I called and sure enough he showed the last card to the straight.

So this hand felt like deja vu, but when I think back at it he could have been just waiting for the bet doubling on the turn to bet. Back at that moment when the ace hit I was sure this donk had called down with ace-rag and hit his card, given the way he was betting into me now (like that other hand).

So was this a good read or just me acting too weak? I think it might also have to do with $3/$6 not normally being within my bankroll. I was just playing it since I was there on vacation, I normally just play $0.25/$.50 and more aggressively.

(10 handed)
Preflop: Hero is Seat 4 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Seat 6 is button, Seat 7 posts a blind of $1, Seat 8 posts a blind of $3.
1 fold, Seat 10 calls, Seat 1 calls, Seat 2 calls, 1 fold, Hero raises, 3 folds, Seat 8 calls, Seat 10 calls, Seat 1 calls, Seat 2 calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 players)
Seat 8 checks, Seat 10 checks, Seat 1 checks, Seat 2 checks, Hero bets $3, Seat 8 folds, Seat 10 calls, Seat 1 calls, Seat 2 folds.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
Seat 10 checks, Seat 1 bets $6, Hero folds, Seat 10 folds.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: $3/$6 limit at B&M - KK at very loose table

If you have a bad feeling about this hand, I think a call down is appropriate.

I don't think you can fold here.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:45 PM

Is it that bad if I post about $3/$6 in micro-limit next time, it seems this forum isn't as popular. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway yeah, it was a bad fold for this situation I think. Unless I really had a good read on him, but that shouldn't be possible since I only observed him for an hour at this point. For this hand however I got lucky and it seemed to be the right play...

Results: Seat 1 tables his ATo and takes the pot.

Only 3 more tens to help me and if a king came to give me trips, he would have made a straight.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:09 PM

if this guy is really the loose/passive you seem to think he is, then he's got two pair or better here. You have a gutter and 2 set outs, and your getting 7-1, so I'm seeing the river, and folding UI.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:50 PM

Given my read that he is at least 50-60% betting into me with something, should I have reraised the turn? There was still seat 10 in the hand after all.

This time he had the ace, but he could have been betting into me with second pair or two pair. One I'm ahead and the other I can beat if the board pairs.

BTW he was loose but not passive, like I said, he would bet his hand as far as I saw.