Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 03:05 PM

Default blind battle

villain seems reasonable after a few orbits.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ?
Old 09-28-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: blind battle

I would check-fold here. It looks like he has to have a flush draw, a straight draw (including a gutshot), or a pair. If he called the flop with just overcards he wouldn't have called with them on the turn when an Ace hit. He may very well check behind you with any of these hands and I think you might be surprised just how often your hand will be good. Your Q high beats almost any busted draw on this board.

If he will automatically bet when checked to then I think betting becomes much more appealing, but I would probably still check-fold.

What do you think?

Cartman
Old 09-28-2005, 03:34 PM

It looks to me like he got a small piece. I think if he was reasonable he would play back at you with good oesd or fd. I think you will see a small pair here enough to make a check-fold correct. As cart says, he might check it down with his busted draw, especially if he is passive enough to just try to hit and not play it strongly HU.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:24 PM

tough spot. i hate hands like these.

i assume once he gets to the river in this spot, he's taking pretty much any pair to showdown so it's not like you can really bluff anything off the pot here.

either he's got a piece and is calling down or he's got a busted draw. given that, i think betting here sucks, imo.

it's close between check/calling and check/folding and i'm leaning towards check/folding.

i really dunno, i'd expect flush draws, oesds and pairs to raise the flop. maybe you are good here 1 in 6?
Old 09-28-2005, 04:35 PM

Would I sound like an idiot if I said Bet?
Old 09-28-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the only better hand that is folding is K high. do you think QT or worse is calling?
Old 09-28-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the only better hand that is folding is K high. do you think QT or worse is calling?

[/ QUOTE ]

That all depends on whether or not check/call is the chosen line. If it is, I prefer to continue betting. Give it some thought.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:09 PM

well, i have a hard time seeing Q high being much of a value bet because he'd have to call with QT or less. the only other reason to bet would be to try and fold a better hand. since i don't see any better hands folding, i really can't see why you'd wanna bet here.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he will automatically bet when checked to then I think betting becomes much more appealing

[/ QUOTE ]
You should think a little more about that statement.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only better hand that is folding is K high.

[/ QUOTE ]
Barring a flush draw, why would someone call the turn with K-high and fold a safe river? I think bluff equity here is nearly zero.

This river is an easy check because betting makes no sense at all. If he bets then I'll decide what to do. Meanwhile I have other tables to play ...