Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Continuation Question, KQs Preflop UTG

KJ and JQ are trash hands OOP. A hand that is easily dominated should not be routinely played OOP. Now, on the button with 2 limpers these are both callable.

I like that you are searching for knowledge and trying to improve your game, but be careful not to fall into generalizations. Optimal NL limit play is not robotic (as limit can tend to be). You have to start by being a solid ABC player, but eventually you will have to recognize situations when you need to mix it up (usually at the higher levels --some $100, more $200, a lot over $200). Don't get hung up on ALWAYS or NEVER.

Post some hands, I think you find the posters on this board will help you greatly. As a bonus you will be getting specific advice based upon a decisions that you made in a situation instead of anonymous replies to a poll.

Also, I highly recommend that you review AJ's how's your line/check your line posts. (Grunch - as new mod you should sticky a post with links to these)
Old 12-07-2005, 10:58 AM

At 100NL and below 100% raise, above that limp sometimes for image.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
KJ and JQ are trash hands OOP. A hand that is easily dominated should not be routinely played OOP. Now, on the button with 2 limpers these are both callable.

I like that you are searching for knowledge and trying to improve your game, but be careful not to fall into generalizations. Optimal NL limit play is not robotic (as limit can tend to be). You have to start by being a solid ABC player, but eventually you will have to recognize situations when you need to mix it up (usually at the higher levels --some $100, more $200, a lot over $200). Don't get hung up on ALWAYS or NEVER.

Post some hands, I think you find the posters on this board will help you greatly. As a bonus you will be getting specific advice based upon a decisions that you made in a situation instead of anonymous replies to a poll.

Also, I highly recommend that you review AJ's how's your line/check your line posts. (Grunch - as new mod you should sticky a post with links to these)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, just fixing my abc first, and I don't have very immediate access to a computer I can play poker on, so the hand histories will come eventually.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:13 AM

I disagree, but I think this is arguement we're just going to have to disagree about.

I do randomize my play at SSNL. Not only has it made me a much better player post flop, but I think it will help me when I move up.

I understand that if I play poker like a robot and multitable I can beat the fish. However, I'm less interested in pure profit at 10NL and more interested in becoming a better play.

LAG. Learn it. Live it. Love it.