Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 11:01 PM

Default What makes you stay ?

Hello I am new to this forum and want to start by making a series of question related to internetpoker.

1. How did you come to play at the site you are currently playing on ?

2. Why do you remain in this site ? What are the 3 most important factors for this.

3. What do you miss on your site that you know other clients provide?

And at the end, what is the most important factor for you when you deside witch site you will play on?

If there is some grammar errors I am sorry, I am from sweden so english is just my second language.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Re: What makes you stay ?

1. I used to play stud at Canterbury. A couple years ago, Hold Em started becoming popular, so I switched to Hold Em. I lost a lot trying to learn the game playing live. One day I overheard someone at the table talking about PokerStars and how you could play for pennies, etc. I figured it would be cheaper to learn there. Later, I found 2+2 and read about Party Poker and all the bonuses on the various skins. I made the switch.

2. The three most important factors in playing there were: (1) horrible players, (2) tons of tables available with no wait, and (3) bonuses and rakeback.

3. PokerStars has many more tournaments to offer and in fact is the best site for tournaments.

The most important reason I stay where I am is rakeback. I would consider switching back to PokerStars if they offered rakeback. They have grown and now meet 2 of the 3 reasons I switched to Party in the first place.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:31 AM

I guess this is why I play at Party...
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP1 has 4c 9c (one pair, sixes).
Hero has Ad As (two pair, aces and sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.75 BB. </font>

This was the by far the worst player I've played against in my short poker career. His stats after 200 hands were amazing...PM me for his screenname [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2005, 04:48 AM

1. Rakeback, bonuses, rakeback, bonuses, rakeback, bonuses

2. Rakeback, bonuses, rakeback, bonuses, rakeback, bonuses
Poker tracker compatibility
Fishies!!!

3 I dont have "a sight" per say.

most important factor.....
Hmmmm
probably Rakeback, bonuses, rakeback, bonuses, rakeback, bonuses

[hyp]
Old 09-20-2005, 05:15 AM

as a reasonably new and low-limit player,

i find sign-up and reload or monthly bonuses are the things that attract me to a new site and keep me coming back.

advertising on the bonus sites such as bonuswhores and this site is where i find most of the info i use.

the most important feature for me is the ability to store hand histories on my hard-drive. in conjunction with this is the ability obtain hh from observed tables (the ability to datamine).

cheers,
the Real Macoy
Old 09-20-2005, 06:56 AM

It seems like rakeback and bonuses carry a important weight for keeping players at the site. But have you thought about what keeps the fish at a site. 95% of all players probably dont even know what rakeback is ?
Old 09-20-2005, 10:41 AM

Overall witch site do you think is the best right now ?
Taking theese aspects into consideration.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:32 AM

1. How did you come to play at the site you are currently playing on ?

Play Poker Like the Pros - lol

2. Why do you remain in this site ? What are the 3 most important factors for this.

I've won, I like the software (miniview), Wide Variety of Limits (game selection pretty much blows)

3. What do you miss on your site that you know other clients provide?

Game Selection, Reasonable Reload Bonuses/Rakeback Deals

0And at the end, what is the most important factor for you when you deside witch site you will play on?

Feeling like I have enough of an edge over the common players at the site, software, game speed. I'm a casual player.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like rakeback and bonuses carry a important weight for keeping players at the site. But have you thought about what keeps the fish at a site. 95% of all players probably dont even know what rakeback is ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fish are driven to sites by advertising, including that done by non-rakeback affiliates.

Smart players allocate their play based on rakeback/bonus.