Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 03:23 PM

Default What to do...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls.

I was planning on c/r the flop. Table has been somewhat aggressive so I felt comfortable that I would have the chance. Didn't like the raise from the BB though.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

I'm welcoming analysis on all streets...
Old 07-26-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: What to do...

i would usually just lead the flop, you're not tricking anyone since you raised pf. i call this down, if he's betting a busted flsuh draw he's not a river raise calling anyway. if he hit a set, good for him. and if he flopped 2 pair you had some chances to catch up. i can't fold this anywhere.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:26 PM

Who are you check-raising? YOu were the pre-flop aggressor, and you catch a good flop. So bet it for value. Then bet the turn, and then bet the river.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:26 PM

I don't mind the way you played it on the last two streets given the flop action (3-betting the flop is also cool if these guys are aggressive).

But just bet the flop.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who are you check-raising? YOu were the pre-flop aggressor, and you catch a good flop. So bet it for value. Then bet the turn, and then bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This table was donk-a-donk bet central. I was 80% sure someone would bet at this (even with little or no hand). So I planned on check-raising any donkey who decided to donk it up. I guess this was a bad idea?
Old 07-26-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This table was donk-a-donk bet central. I was 80% sure someone would bet at this (even with little or no hand). So I planned on check-raising any donkey who decided to donk it up. I guess this was a bad idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

well you didnt lose the hand because of it, but in general id get used to betting flops that you hit after you raised pf rather than hoping someone else does. even at a table like this.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:35 PM

Cool, thanks for the advice. I believe at a "normal" table I would lead out here.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:40 PM

You need to play aggressive poker and not be afraid that every raise/bet means that somebody has the nuts.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to play aggressive poker and not be afraid that every raise/bet means that somebody has the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where specifically should I have been more aggressive?
Old 07-26-2005, 03:43 PM

If it was really that donk-a-donkish, you probably should've 3-bet the flop.