Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Re: ONLINE POKER IS 100% RIGGED

Well, just to keep this thread needlessly going...

How about a third implication against Pacific.

Two of my close friends and I all played on Pacific for a while. When I made my first deposit, I immediately went on a winning run which lasted oh, about 2 weeks. Then it all came crashing down. So I redeposited. Again, a winning run for about 2 weeks, then it all came crashing down again. And how about one more redeposit? Same thing.

So I talked to my friends about it. They had been experiencing the same thing. Both experienced winning trends for about 2 weeks after a deposit, then couldn't hit cards until they were broke - time after time.

Only one of us at the time was what I would call a good player, but the other two of us were decent/break-even players, so you could certainly blame it on poor play.

Regardless... That patterns made us uneasy. So what did we do? Just switched sites.

Interestingly, I'm pretty sure that type of winning pattern is how a lot of addicts get hooked, i.e. a big early win or early success. So, from a business stand point, this would be ideal for an online site to do (get em hooked with a big run at first, then milk em dry - then reward those pavlonian(sp?) card players with a reward each time they redeposited).

Just thought I would throw that out into the mix. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Besides, its all moot for those of us like me who have no B&M within a 10 hour radius. So we make do, even if our BB/100 affected by -.01% just to keep the fish around.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:11 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

made my day.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is the actual hand history that was sent by party poker for the game listed above. If you are going to lie about a hand at least try harder to cover up the lie. Maybe you shouldnt inclde the game number.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha thats funny. Why would ppl come on here and lie about stuff like that? Are they from other sites, trying to take down party? Too many conspiracies too little time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2005, 10:51 AM

Busted!
Old 06-01-2005, 11:59 AM

wierd

I had the same thing happen when I first started at Pacific Poker. I immediately went to the .25/.50 NL games. I started winning big. Bigger than I have ever done even to this day about 5 months later. I was winning over $100/day on .25/.50 NL games but I was only playing 1 table for about 5 hours /day so you do the math. Then all of a sudden I couldn't hit a damn thing for about 2 weeks. It was a long damn time. I didn't lose my whole bankroll because I made great laydowns but I didn't win anything either. It was wierd. I would sit there on the table for hours and hours. It really tried my patience. After the 2 weeks, I went somewhere else but I still go back every now and then and it seems maybe the bad streak is over or something.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:07 PM

I started playing on Pacific too, a little over a year ago. Long before they had NL. I've had my share of horrible swings, but overall, I've taken my account from the $10 free that they gave me up to somewhere around $200. I've cashed out large parts of my BR multiple times.

You guys are all silly.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:19 PM

it is rigged. I have two guys on my tables right now that chase with everything...they lose everytime expect when they play against me.

They have hit 2 outters and 5 outs like 10 times.

It is unreal.

-SFWUSC
Old 06-01-2005, 06:50 PM

As far as the deposit equals winning streak thing goes, is it just possible that right after you have a deposit your playing with a large bankroll and as it dwindles you begin playing with scared money? thats exactly what i used to go through in sportsbetting..you take a few more shots when you have money behind you but when the pressures on maybe you just get a little to tight and start making poor decisions..McEvoy talks about just this same syndrome in his championship poker series book..and also says some players mistake this as the site being rigged. If i were to rig a site 1 thing id do that i never hear anybody claim is being done is deal an abnormal amount of split-pots..give 2 players pocket K's then throw 3 aces on the board, they both go all-in , split the pot ..i clean up on the big rake and give the same hand to 2 more players and start it all over again. dam im a genius!!
Old 06-02-2005, 01:21 AM

Hahahha, I think the funniest part is that the guy is really a $100 nl player, and disguised it as a $1,000 nl hand. That made my day.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:13 AM

I agree. It seems to me that if "rigging" takes place, it would be far more likely to take the form of making the deals more exciting, encouraging bigger pots amd therefore more rake. On some sites I have actually wondered if this is happening - but I have no stats to be able to say for sure.

On another point, I note that today PartyGaming announced plans to float on the London Stock Exchange. So now their share price will be at stake if anything illegit is happening. IMO, this creates a huge disincentive for them to be doing anything underhand. The OP's point about Enron is missplaced - since Enron, the big corporates are running scared of any kind of corporate scandal. I think this makes "rigging" even more unlikely.

Paul
Closed Thread