Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 06:13 AM

Default Re: My river play made me cringe.

Interesting hand. I like the checkraise on the flop as opposed to betting out. I found your 3 bet strange with this holding. I found it particularly strange that you would 3 bet the flop OOP and then check a blank turn. Why is checking a good play here? You're giving a free card to any draws and if I was button I would have been highly suspicious of the flop 3bet and turn check, which makes it likely that it's going to get checked through.
On the river if you want to bet this then you specifically must be able to fold to a raise from the UTG player. The second Ace hasn't scared him at all and this absolutely stinks of a flush or a better hand.

Because 6max tables play so fast, often when I'm in the heat of the action on the river with a board like this I just automatically bet in the same spot. I did it in a very stupid way just last night. I have to remind myself to slow down and have a good look at the board and why I may or may not want to bet.