Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Different line vs TAG

This guys a 27/19, probably a 2p2er, seems solid. Who likes this?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (9.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB
Old 11-22-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Different line vs TAG

fold the flop or occasionally rais the flop, or if you feel parranoid you may check call the whole way. but fold flop is standard
Old 11-22-2005, 11:35 PM

If you are determined to get to show down then why not raise flop, Check behind on turn, and call river or raise flop, bet turn (fold to a CR), and check behind on river. These would each save you 1 sb because I think you are behind most of the time. I just do not know what a solid TAG donkbets you with on that flop after you cap that you beat.

I probably raise flop and that is the last money I put into the pot in case he is taking a shot at me. If he calls this flop raise I feel ok folding even after I induce the river bluff by checking behind on turn.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:37 PM

Im raising for folding equity.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:44 PM

OK lets think about hands that would donkbet the flop after 3 betting pf when A23 rainbow flops. You said he is 27/19 and he 3 bet your MP raise from the BB. This to me means he has 99-AA AQ,AK, and maybe AJs or KQs. After you cap preflop I think the only hands he donks this flop with are AK, AQ, AJs, maybe AA-QQ. The only hands of these that would fold to a TAG's turn raise are MAYBE KK and QQ. The more I think about it the more I like just folding the flop. I also do not think you have that much more fold equity from raising the turn here as opposed to raising the flop.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:08 AM

I don't know how this game plays so take my advice with a grain of salt...

Anyways I don't like the flop raise because I think all the better hands that you have Fold equity against would be likely to play it wa/wb here. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

I think if he is betting, he either he has you crushed and wants to play a big pot, or is taking a stab at it with a medium pair hoping you will fold a bigger pocket pair.

I only like the flop raise if you think that this guy would lead out with under pairs including QQ &amp; KK, and fold them to a raise. Otherwise I prefer calling or folding. I think we need this guy to be extremely straight forward for folding to be correct though.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:27 AM

His range might be slighlty bigger, he seems aggressive towards me and my blind steals.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:30 AM

But if you are MP it isn't really a steal situation. Even if you broaden his range what additional hands would you include that play the hand this way that you have turn fold equity on?
Old 11-23-2005, 12:41 AM

Out of curosity, what would you do with KK/QQ if you played it from the villians perspective?
Old 11-23-2005, 12:45 AM

Well if I did donk the flop and turn I would probably fold to the turn raise but I would not donk flop and turn. This is a WA/WB situation for my hand and I would probably check/call down as a default.