Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 10:28 PM

Default steal on my part, go to war?

The question here is 4th. I figured my opponent thought I was weak and trying to steal. 3bet good?

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.40 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises

5th Street - (3.60 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (5.60 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (5.60 BB)
Old 12-13-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Re: steal on my part, go to war?

Looks good to me, I probably play the same way.

On forth I think his best hand here is probably 2 pair and you've got to be a coin flip against that. After that I see no reason to stop betting.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Re: steal on my part, go to war?

I am usually the type of player who always limps with a 3 flush, but this situation is an exception. When you are playing shorthanded you have to play more aggressively or the antes will eat you up. I'd definitely raise third here.

Other than that everything looks good. I like the aggression on 4th street, you'll be ahead most of the time and if your opponent does have a big pair in the hole, you still aren't a big underdog.