Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 01:05 PM

Default 99 vs. a TAG

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Opponent had TAGgy pre-flop stats, but I didn't a good read on her post-flop play, as I only had twenty-five hands on her.

Preflop: chesspain is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, chesspain calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, chesspain checks.

Standard?

Obviously, if I check behind on the turn I have to fold the river UI. Or is this later plan still preferable to trying to shake her off a possible JJ/QQ on the turn?
Old 06-18-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: 99 vs. a TAG

i hate being first to act in this situation. In last place, i'll raise to get a better idea of who's-got-what. THen take a free card (if that player is likely to check the turn)

who won? what did villain have?
Old 06-18-2005, 01:42 PM

This is tough. When the flop comes, there is absolutely no logical 3betting hand you are ahead of. So the question is if we can get a better hand to fold.

Though she has showed weakness by check/calling the flop, I think this is more likely to mean, that she will call down all the way or use the c/c, c/c, bet-line.

So I think, that I would have given up on the turn, and I guess you could even give up on the flop, if you were sure of your read.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:43 PM

Hero is last to act here. Villain checked it all the way.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:55 PM

I think I prefer chcking the turn here despite seeing the action. I'd be paranoid of getting checkraised by a monster and I get the feeeling she may be calling down with KK,QQ,JJ. Also she may be waiting for the river to checkraise Aces full or something. I dunno.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:58 PM

I don't have a lot of confidence in this player being TAG postflop. Be that as it may, checking behind this river is fine. Nice hand.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be paranoid of getting checkraised by a monster

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not concerned, since folding to a checkraise here is like the easiest decision ever.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:30 PM

You felt that the chance that you were ahead + the chance of getting QQ,JJ to fold and usually showing down on the river was worth firing a second barrel on the turn? Then I think your line is standard.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:55 PM

With TAGish preflop stats, the three-bet, and that flop, I can't think of what you'd be ahead of.
I'm guessing villain has something in the neighborhood of KK-JJ and is not going to fold.
That being said I like the line you took as it does let you get to showdown whereas like you said a check behind on the turn will probably induce a bet on the river that you can't call.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:57 PM

Does no one like a cap preflop?

-SmileyEH