Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2005, 07:20 PM

Default Live $2/$5 Non-Standard Set Line

Real Juicy $2/$5 NL game at the MGM a few months back.

Game is playing pretty loosy goosy with 4-6 to the flop most hands with people calling big raises PF with crap.

Villian in this hand is the only player at the table who seems to be playing well, but seems to be too tight PF, he has about $1000 behind, I cover.

Villian seems to respect my play, but has seen me making a few moves. I have shown a few big bluffs (including a big one on villian when the flush hit on the turn, he said he folded two pair) to continue to get action from the awful players, and have been playing very aggressively. I have fast played every big hand that I have shown down.

UTG limps, a few more limpers, I limp in CO with red 88. Button (villian) raises to $50 straight. BB calls, UTG calls, two more callers.

Villian and I have been chatting it up throughout the game, he looks at me and says "pot odds?" I nod and call.

His big raise PF after this many limpers narrows down his hand range a lot. I been playing with him for a few hours and have only seen him do this with big pairs (JJ+) and AK.

6 to the flop. Avg stack size of the donks is ~$400-$600

Flop: (~$310) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checks to me, I check. Villian checks ?

Turn~$310) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Checks to me again (very unusual).
I look to my left and villian is ready to make a bet, I check again.
Villian bets $250. Folds to me?!?
I look at villian for a few moments and raise all in.

Thoughts? I'll explain my reasoning after a few posts.

Edit: Fixed pot size on flop.