Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2003, 12:54 AM

Default Anybody here use Mass Multiples???

Just looking for a review or two. I'll probably be purchasing a triple display in the next couple days, unless I'm disuaded. The setup I'm looking at is three 17" displays run side-by-side. It looks like I'll be able to pick it up for $1600.

Any owners of MM's want to give me some feedback on them? Or other recommendations? Or anything?

Thanks.

GoT
Old 12-23-2003, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Anybody here use Mass Multiples???

17" eewww.your gonna spend that kind of money??

Get flat panels or 21" Sony CRT's or new $24" CRT's.I havent bought a 17' monitor in 5 years.I have like 7 monitors hanging around from trading stocks for 5 years.
Get 21" Fp's or solid 21-24" CRT's look at Sony or Dell's website.17" monitor's no way .
Also check out the Matrox Parhelia MM video display card w/128mb of ram.
I currently still have 5 21" Sony Trinitron monitors on an L-shaped desk.2 monitors are attached to a 3 year old Dell P420Workstation w 1GB of RAM and 2 975 MHZ processors running on Windows 2000 Pro w/ a huge 163 GB hard drive Dell sent me after sending me 2 crappy hardrives over last 18 months.This is my main worksation for everything including poker.
The other workstation I use for stocks and such..is a Dell P410 about 4 years old-slow as a dog.450MHZ processor and 384 mbs of RAM 8GB harddrive.3 Trintrons all 21" (2 pretty beat up)run off an Appian video card I also got like 2 junked CRT's upstairs.one or 2 that I shoved off my desk in the midst of a bad trade or two..heh.I rarely run both worksations at once anymore..now that I play poker 100%.So I really need to clear up my desk and get rid of 2-3 monitors.

You can buy nice new Sony Trintrons or Dell ViewSonic's off Ebay fairly cheaply these days..dont know exact price but probably for $300-$500 a piece brand new.

Flat panels have finally come down in price so thats also an option but the big ones are still too expensive for me.
I would really hunt around I'll give ya some links..deffintely do not get "17 monitors.Get 21" monitors or bigger and have a fast system with maxed out RAM and more slots for more RAM.And get A video card setup that will support more than 2 monitors if you get really ambitious [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]Nvidia, Appian, Matrox all make good cards.
happy shopping!!

http://www.appian.com/

Dell Monitors

Sony Displays

Do a goggle search for dayrtading/mutiple monitors/setup etc

You may find some lachkey setups that are good.Get qoutes from Sony and Dell then scour the web and ebay for deals. My old links to several MM sites are out of date.
Old 12-23-2003, 02:14 AM

I agree about avoiding the 17" monitors.

I am planning on getting a 20+" LCD to replace my old 17" CRT as soon as I finish paying off some credit cards. I've seen some decent ones in the $600 range if you look around a bit. I think I already have 2 video outs on my machine so that should allow me to run 4 Party/Empire tables without overlap on the 20" and still browse 2+2 on my 17".
Old 12-23-2003, 02:18 AM

I'm not sure what you're saying here...

Are you advising me to purchase 3 24" flat-panels? That would run me close to 5 dimes, which is out of my price range. I'm looking for a triple monitor setup, so I can't really go any larger than 17". Are you saying that I should consider buying a single 24" instead??? What would be the advantage of that over a triple 17" MM setup?

Thanks for the input.

GoT
Old 12-23-2003, 02:38 AM

wtf are mass multiples??..hey GOT I just spent 15 minutes trying to help you with some fuggin advice and links and BS and you come back with fugging attitude.

Get 2 21" CRT's or 2 19" or 21" FlatPanels if you can afford them.Get a video card that will support 3 0r 4 monitors if you want to expand your setup from just 2.
Spend good money on a good video card that will support higher resolutions and 3,4 monitors.

Have a Nice day!!
Old 12-23-2003, 05:31 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i play 6 tables using 2 dell 2001fps. here's the review