Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 10:53 PM

Default PT - \"First Action on Flop\"

I've always thought about my continuation bets on the flop after I've raised preflop and would like to analyze them, and then I saw in Poker Tracker this "First Action on Flop After A Pre-flop Raise" -stats. I've tried the search function but haven't found any posts about these stats before, and it's not mentioned in CallMeIshmael's excellent thread.

I'd really like to see what your percentages are. Mine are:

Raise: 10.20%
Bet: 58.06%
Call: 6.66%
Check: 8.95%
Check/Raise: 0.42%
Fold: 4.27%
No Flop / No Action: 11.45%
Old 12-14-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Re: PT - \"First Action on Flop\"

Maybe I'm calculating this wrong, but it looks like your flop aggression is about 10. That's...um...insane. Look, we all know betting and raising is generally better than calling but it's ok to call or check sometimes. It would help to see hands, and also your preflop numbers to know how often you are raising and "in the lead" so to speak.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm calculating this wrong, but it looks like your flop aggression is about 10. That's...um...insane. Look, we all know betting and raising is generally better than calling but it's ok to call or check sometimes. It would help to see hands, and also your preflop numbers to know how often you are raising and "in the lead" so to speak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm, well, the stats are not my general flop action, it is - as the title implies - my "First Action on Flop After A Pre-flop Raise". After I've raised preflop (which I do 9% of the time) I usually have a decent hand, why shouldn't I bet most of the time if it's checked to me on the flop? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit:
By the way, my flop aggression is 3.03 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2005, 08:19 AM

Excuse me for bumping this.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:33 AM

another important thing for us to see is your vp$ip number. I just looked at my stats and I have no flop/no action of 19% compared to your 11.45%. My guess is that since I'm a pretty tight preflop player, my preflop raises push people out (and I may need to play more hands to prevent this) but it would be interesting to see what your stats are. My vp$ip is 18.1% after about 30K hands
Old 12-15-2005, 08:37 AM

Okay, you're right, my VP$IP is a low 15%, and I'm well aware of that being too low. I'm working on it.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:44 AM

surprising though, your vp$ip is lower than mine, but you are getting more action on the flop than I am. i play PP 5/10 mostly, maybe you are playing a looser game
Old 12-15-2005, 08:48 AM

The stats are from 4-tabling 2/4 at Party, but I've only used PT for about 10k hands.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:07 AM

Im just getting back into limit but my numbers are pretty close. 5k sample at 2/4 with a staggeringly low VP$IP of 11.12

Raise: 8.49%
Bet 60.38%
Call 5.97%
Check 6.92%
Check Raise 0.63%
Fold 3.46%
No Flop 14.15%

My Flop Aggression Factor is 2.56