Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Seems ok to me.

Bellagio 15-30, brand new game. Total fish bowl. 2 tight guys across the table from me, very readable tighties for the most part. The rest of the players are pretty clueless, cant handle their chips, cant visual their cards without ducking down behind there hands etc.

I've shown 2 hands, AA raised utg taking the blinds, and 34o in the BB flopping a wheel. game has been going 45 mins.

I'm in SB, UTG 40%er limps, utg+1 70%er limps, MP1 50%er raises(overvalues hands), cutoff calls(any connected, 1 gappers, suited), I flat call with AKo in SB. I know a raise will not lose any players so I'd rather see the flop and play from there.

FLOP: 983 2 clubs

I check KNOWING MP1 will bet. it gets checked to him, he bets, LP thinks for a time and looks at hand twice, almost mucks, but calls. I CR hoping to drive out at least the two players between me and MP1, if this works I have possibly best hand already and he will tell me what he has by his actions...(yes that readable).

But utg+1 calls, the rest call, we go 4 handed to turn.

Turn: As

I get a "looks at his chips" tell saying the Ace hit his hand. Now I am confident I have the best hand. I check, he bets, LP folds as he does often if he misses getting a draw on a turn card, I raise, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

River Blank

I bet he calls, my hand is good, he cries about me making it 2 bets on the turn with only AK. hehe...seems perfect to me givin the fishyness.

Now he is on tilt and raises UTG on my button. I got QQ and pound him back. With a set on the flop for me he tries to blow me off with a 3 bet. He is on a weak draw and gives me a few extra chips.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Seems ok to me.

I would have 3 bet preflop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I like the rest.

Turn C/R has a couple neat features. If he made 2 pair and you lead, he makes it 2 bets anyway. If he has 2 pair and you C/R he probably just calls down. So you can get the extra bet from both hands.

-blake
Old 10-04-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I get a "looks at his chips" tell saying the Ace hit his hand. Now I am confident I have the best hand. I check, he bets

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is the guy who overplays hands, wouldnt it be better to bet then 3bet?
Old 10-05-2005, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bellagio 15-30, brand new game. Total fish bowl. 2 tight guys across the table from me, very readable tighties for the most part. The rest of the players are pretty clueless, cant handle their chips, cant visual their cards without ducking down behind there hands etc.

I've shown 2 hands, AA raised utg taking the blinds, and 34o in the BB flopping a wheel. game has been going 45 mins.

I'm in SB, UTG 40%er limps, utg+1 70%er limps, MP1 50%er raises(overvalues hands), cutoff calls(any connected, 1 gappers, suited), I flat call with AKo in SB. I know a raise will not lose any players so I'd rather see the flop and play from there.

FLOP: 983 2 clubs

I check KNOWING MP1 will bet. it gets checked to him, he bets, LP thinks for a time and looks at hand twice, almost mucks, but calls. I CR hoping to drive out at least the two players between me and MP1, if this works I have possibly best hand already and he will tell me what he has by his actions...(yes that readable).

But utg+1 calls, the rest call, we go 4 handed to turn.

Turn: As

I get a "looks at his chips" tell saying the Ace hit his hand. Now I am confident I have the best hand. I check, he bets, LP folds as he does often if he misses getting a draw on a turn card, I raise, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

River Blank

I bet he calls, my hand is good, he cries about me making it 2 bets on the turn with only AK. hehe...seems perfect to me givin the fishyness.

Now he is on tilt and raises UTG on my button. I got QQ and pound him back. With a set on the flop for me he tries to blow me off with a 3 bet. He is on a weak draw and gives me a few extra chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hit a home run today playing softball. it was a whopper!