Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 12:34 AM

Default Does it take a near lifetime to be an Empire VIP?

I just looked at the VIP points and their VIP membership. How in the hell does anyone get to 5000 VIP points? Are they kidding, I've gotta play there for nearly a full year before I can order some of their swag, or books, or reap the benefits of being a VIP?

It looks like a pretty good deal once your in. Does anybody know the best way to accumulate points?
Old 08-18-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Re: Does it take a near lifetime to be an Empire VIP?

[ QUOTE ]

It looks like a pretty good deal once your in. Does anybody know the best way to accumulate points?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you nuts?
Old 08-18-2005, 12:46 AM

I've covered this before.

But first - the 'pretty good deal once you're in' part is not really that accurate. It's not that worthwhile at all. Once you get 15k points (for Royal Flush club status) you get a free $100/month (no raked-hands requirement or anything) which is a good thing of course.

second - Some people get 'bumped' to VIP status after earning around 1k points or so.
They get an e-mail telling them that they have been 'bumped' and they suddenly have 5k points (so now they are earning their points at double-rate).

Raked hands - 1k hands in a day is worth 33 points (it is double once you are VIP)

MTT's - 5 MTT's in a day will be worth roughly 35 points. 5 squared is 25....plus another 10 or so points for the entry-fees (a 20+2 is worth an additional 2 points on top fo the 'squared # of tourneys' bit).

20 MTT's in a day is worth about 500 points or more.
25 MTT's in a day is worth 700 points.

To compare - this would take 25000 or more raked-hands in a day to achieve which is obviously not possible.

So MTT's (9+1 or higher...with as small a field of entrants as possible) is the way to go to accumulate your e-points the fastest.

But it really isn't worth it just for the e-points alone because the VIP club really isn't anything special (unless you REALLY want one of those EmpirePoker shot-glasses perhaps)
Old 08-18-2005, 01:04 AM

Hmm 20 MTT's in a day is 500 points? That is absolutely rediculous. I'm getting like 1k points/month from raked hands and I thought that was high!

Can clear it and get in in less than a month!
Old 08-18-2005, 01:13 AM

I ahve heard of peopel on here getting the TV for 25,000 points but what about the lcd screen or the vegas trip, anyone earn those, and how long did it take?
Old 08-18-2005, 01:52 AM

I got my watch for entering the royal flush club and its very nice. I just received my TV from them yesterday for hitting 25k points and altough I havent taken it out of the box yet it looks pretty decent. Also I like the free 100 bucks a month. Its not much for how much rake I pay them but its better than other sites that dont offer shizit.

P.S
You can rack up the points playing high stakes sngs
Old 08-18-2005, 08:22 AM

They got iPod mini's now, 19000 points. I wish I had known they were going to do this before I wasted all my points on shot glasses and crap [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 08:47 AM

I got the bump after about 6 weeks of playing, from 1400 points to VIP..

It then took me 7 months to make Royal... I'm bringing in around 1800 to 2k points a month playing nothing but cash games..
Old 08-18-2005, 08:55 AM

Why do you guys even bother with the TV and the Ipod Mini? I personally just take the $$$ coupons... if I wanted one of the other things, I'd just buy it myself...

And I'm on the Royal Flush club on one of my accounts, but I never play it anymore, since that one has no rakeback. I'm still going to get the free $100 a month, but I'll have to build up my new account to get Royal Flush status asap... I enjoy grinding away at $33 and $55 sngs... it took me about 2 years to get to RFC with my other account...
Old 08-18-2005, 09:53 AM

Empire VIP in a little over a month. B'gock!

Im thinking about emailing VIP and asking them to allow me to change my SN once a month. What do you guys think of that?