Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Tempupedic beds

I heard the memory foam gets very hot at night, almost uncomfortable warm, because the foam doesn't dissapate body heat well. Is this true?

The Doc
Old 08-15-2005, 05:42 PM

Ha I totally didn't see your post before posting.

The Doc
Old 08-15-2005, 05:53 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
I heard the memory foam gets very hot at night, almost uncomfortable warm, because the foam doesn't dissapate body heat well. Is this true?

The Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard about that too, but haven't experience it myself on my mattress.

b
Old 08-15-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been told that these beds retain a lot of your body heat, so then you get really warm. Any truth to that?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the summer make sure the room has AC, in the winter never a problem
Old 08-15-2005, 06:00 PM

I recently got a queen mattress with two swedish pillows thrown in for about 1640 after taxes and such. This was at the San Diego fair, so it was a special, but they probably have similar deals elsewhere if you do some searching.

As for the quality of the mattress, it's awesome. I'm sleeping much better since I got it and my back feels better. Also, it comes with a 20 year warranty so you can expect to hang onto it for a very long time.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:03 PM

Yes. It takes some adjusting to. After awhile it's worth it though.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:07 PM

As I understand it, the patent Tempurpedic had recently expired. So now others are able to make the same mattresses without the high prices. I just searchd google briefly and I couldn't find anything to back up my statement. Take it for what it's worth.

I purchased a genuine Tempur-Pedic queen sized mattress about 5 months ago. Definitely a worthwhile purchase in my opinion. However, a local place called Ocean State Job Lot was recently selling the generic versions for less than half. Personally I'm a little disappointed as I'm sure if there is any difference at all, it's not much.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

no very much not the case in my opinion. i never noticed anything like that. however, i keep my place extremely well air conditioned.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking to buy a tempurpedic bed. From the official website, I can get a double shipped for $1758. I imagine it's possible to find cheaper, though I've heard that Tempurpedic tries to enforce minimum prices. Is there a good place to buy these on the internet or do I have to go out and try to price them locally?

Are there any brands that are the same thing but cheaper? It strikes me as possible that maybe I'm just paying for the brand name.

[/ QUOTE ]

We bought our California King through QVC about 22 months ago- cost (including shipping and delivery) was about $1100. So yes, you are getting raped for a double for $1700.

They do get a bit warm- they are fantastic during the winter, and less so during the summer. Thankfully it only gets too hot to sleep here a few weeks a year at most, so it doesn't bother me much. I would happily sweat a bit for the comfort and durability.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As I understand it, the patent Tempurpedic had recently expired. So now others are able to make the same mattresses without the high prices. I just searchd google briefly and I couldn't find anything to back up my statement. Take it for what it's worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like I've heard the same thing, but I can't find anything that indicates that on google.