Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Home rb question 2

OK, so this is the only rebuy I play and I think this is indicative of a problem I've been having.

Six handed, Blinds 400/800. I have 15K after rebuying. I'm in the BB with Kd7c. Two limpers, SB complete, I check.
Flop is 4d6d8s. Villian (T20-25K) bets 800. I call, other 2 fold. Turn is 9d. Villian checks, I bet 1200, villian raises to 3000 (?). My thinking here was kind of a blocking bet. I call.
River is 5c. Villian bets 8k. I think about it and fold.

My thoughts were that I consider myself better than the villian and can get in situations down the road where I'm a large favorite. The turn checkraise confused me as well. In retrospect it may have been him afraid I had the flush already but I just couldn't see him essentially putting me all in with a one card str8 out there with less than the flush. I thought at best I was going for a split.

Is this the kind of places I should be calling during the rebuy period? I had just rebought so that may have colored my thinking.