Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 08:22 PM

Default 30+3 Deepstack hand J8s

No reads here. I am reading 2+2 and have the flu and am hoping to bust soon so I can sleep, but not on purpose...

I have ~8800 in chips, MP has me covered. Blinds are 15/30.

Folded to villain in MP who raises to 120, folded to me in the BB with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I call.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check, he bets 210 I call.

Turn is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I think about betting but decide against it, he bets 330, I c/r to 1100 and he pushes. So it's 7352 for me to call.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Re: 30+3 Deepstack hand J8s

call, then take some medicine and hopefully it will make u sleepy then u can take a nap
Old 11-19-2005, 08:42 PM

It's been over 20 minutes and he obtained chips somehow if he has you covered. Shouldn't you have a read?

Without reads I'd consider betting strong, possibly even potting it every street, and calling down a raise. Your line allows him to fold AK pretty easily. You could check call the flop and lead the turn if you are concerned with getting some extra chips vs a mid pair.

Despite what I said, once he fails to fold to your turn checkraise (which informs him you can beat 2 pair) I still think you have to assume he is a donk with AK and call. His flop bet does not look like AA or 99. He could have AKh or something. The flu-sleep situation is also a factor.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:58 PM

he was moved from a different table with those chips and he didnt do anything noticable in the meantime.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:52 PM

That was me in the hand, sorry about that, you raise on flop im gone.

I still have a healthy stack but ive gone very card dead.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:39 PM

Thanks for spoiling the ending! By the way betting that flop with 99 is terrible.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:41 PM

Only one player in the pot? Trying represent a decent ace with my preflop raise, 80% of the time other player folds there, and if i get reraised i can easily lay it down.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:00 PM

You only get called when you are beaten. I suppose you can bluff out 1010, but everything else that folds you were ahead of anyway. You are bluffing with the best hand and the fact that it works 80% of the time isn't very relevant. I guess random broadway hands are drawing to 6 outs but I wouldn't be too concerned. If you are afraid of getting the pot taken away from you (and somehow feel a bet here is the best way to prevent that, I'm not sure I agree) or your opponent hitting a 6-outer then it's fine to bet. But you are doing 7/8 pot or something if I am correct. You don't need to spew all those when your opponent (OP/hero) is likely to have an ace anyway.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:05 PM

he called from BB, he could have a much wider range of hands than an ace. Agree to disagree i guess, but following up on preflop bets into one oponent is a good way to take down alot of pots, after his smooth call i had a feeling i was crushed and was checking to river unless i suckout. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2005, 11:15 PM

i have no input on the hand, but

"I am reading 2+2 and have the flu and am hoping to bust soon so I can sleep, but not on purpose..."

Man i can freaking relate to taht. Teh flu sucks ass.

--
Oh, and i call there.