Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 12:15 AM

Default River?

SB is new to the table. MP is strange. Way too loose and seems overaggressive.

Anyone like the river play? Comments on all streets welcome.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

River: (18 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls...
Old 12-02-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: River?

I'd probably cap PF. You have a ton of equity against CO and position on SB. Might play out differently after that. If you get raised on the flop, then start to worry.

In this case, I like it fine. I see 3 KQ, 4 AK, and 3 AA left, so you are probably behind or splitting. Not a situation where I'd want to put in another 2 BB on the end.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:58 AM

Preflop: Fold or cap. I usually fold this. SB isn't trying to isolate the CO since MP limped. You're likely in big trouble. But you're suited. And SB is new to the table. So I don't mind playing. But if I call, the pot is going to be 4-way and it's going to be big. Yuck. I'd cap and hope that MP and/or CO go away. Not likely, but it's worth a shot. Even if they don't go away, there's a reasonable chance you have an equity edge. Cap-a-dee-doo-dah.

Calling the river is fine. It smells like MP missed his diamond draw so you're not getting anything else from him. If SB has AK/66/77 (not likely since he didn't three-bet the turn) or AA (reasonable), you're going to get three-bet on the end, you have to call, and you're probably losing/chopping. If he was donk-betting the river, you're not likely to get called if you raise. So in the very unlikely case that he has KJ (or perhaps KT), you'll show a little bit of profit by raising. Yuck. Calling is fine.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:03 AM

PF: a very reasonable call and I think you want the open limpers' extra 2 sb , though that's debatable

river call is very interesting. I don't think there can be a consensus on it.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:06 AM

I like the river. Get overcalls from donks with aces while losing the minimum if behind.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:07 AM

I'm going to disagree with a couple others and say your pf call is ok. It lets you see if the first raiser caps, gives you a little more flop flexibility in general, and you probably aren't giving up a ton of equity (if any) by not capping.

I can't put SB on either AK, KK, or AA, so I raise the river. The whole donk/call/donk line just reeks of suck.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't put SB on either AK, KK, or AA, so I raise the river. The whole donk/call/donk line just reeks of suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't put SB on AK/KK/AA (or 66/77, I presume),then are you capping the river if he 3-bets? If not, why are you calling the river?
Old 12-02-2005, 02:41 AM

I think the river call and the pf call are fine.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the river. Get overcalls from donks with aces while losing the minimum if behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:27 PM

I think this was played fine. Nice hand.