Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 07:15 PM

Default A43-----Call or Reraise

I never really felt comfortable in this hand. Villian was MissFoxy, who I don't look to highly upon. I've seen her raise with some debatable holdings. I thought about reraising on third but decided against it. On 4th I figured there was a decent amount in the pot already and she hadn't caught anything too scary. Fifth is my main question. I've caught Aces but she easily could have lots of things that I'm way behind to. Possible straight, a low, a 4low+pair, etc, but since I thought she could just as easily be playing crap I called. Sixth I almost thought about checkraising but thought it was probable I was drawing to only half. The river: should I be checkrasing here or do you guys like my bet to make sure she doesn't check behind two small pair if she missed her low draw. On second thought I think I like a checkraise here because I think she is the opponent who would likely bet two small pair into me. What do you think?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($10/$20), Ante $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises

4th Street - (4.50 SB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (3.25 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (5.25 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

River - (7.25 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___calls

Total pot: (9.25 BB)
Old 07-29-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Re: A43-----Call or Reraise

3rd is good, but fold 4th.

And since you got there check-raise the river. I might check-raise 6th also...depending on the villian
Old 07-29-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Re: A43-----Call or Reraise

i dont think you put in enough bets on 3rd to take one more off on 4th. you bricked horribly and he caught good