Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 06:09 AM

Default i meant to cap preflop...

but i effed it up.

villain is 24/15 (7 handed on average) and is likely a 2+2er. he probably knows who i am if he reads HUSH (since my party name is baronzeus2). his capping range is probably 99+, AQ+, AJs, and the rest of the people in the hand are morons.

i was thinking about raise/folding the turn after button folded in front of me...is that a better line?
i dont think he'll ever bet the river with 99 so i may as well fold.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (17 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks intending to fold to a bet
Old 11-03-2005, 06:28 AM

Default Re: i meant to cap preflop...

I would checkraise the flop and bet/fold the turn if I don't get 3-bet. The fact the rest of the people in the hand are morons is good to help make this a protected pot and make everyone's actions the rest of the way more honest, plus when you check raise, you will probably get some people to incorrectly fold AJ/AQ on the turn.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you will probably get some people to incorrectly fold AJ/AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

something i didnt consider.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:20 AM

I play 5/10 but at my limit, I don't think it wise to trust people who represent trips. As a result when I do it, I usually wait until the turn. I'd have cr'd the turn.

BTW, at my limit I think this is a clear fold in the sb after 1 MP raise, a coldcall and a 3 bet.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:48 AM

I definietly would fold this in most 5/10 games. I too would just checkraise the flop. THe thing about checkcallign is we have no more info than we did on the last street and the bet size is doubled.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would checkraise the flop and bet/fold the turn if I don't get 3-bet. The fact the rest of the people in the hand are morons is good to help make this a protected pot and make everyone's actions the rest of the way more honest, plus when you check raise, you will probably get some people to incorrectly fold AJ/AQ on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you get 3 bet on flop after you c/r are u folding right there or calling to see turn or what?
Old 11-05-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So if you get 3 bet on flop after you c/r are u folding right there or calling to see turn or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

gotta see the turn, we'd have odds to hit a 2 outer