Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Trouble with Axs

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I like the c/r, but If i get called and get no help on turn, I am done with betting. I think a c/r lets us know if we are best here.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can it tell you that? OP said they;ll call down with most hands.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I described the table conditions which made my decision to play A8s easy, since not only is the table loose and passive, but there are also fish that WILL pay off if I hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your reasoning for playing the hand in the first place. However, I disagree that A8s is a good hand to play in this situation. Especially after the PF raise. It seems like your just going along with the loose/passive PF play at the table when you should be playing a more TAG style than your opponents. Unless you hit the flop very hard (A8X, 88X, XXXs, AA8) you'll never know where you stand. Also, even you flop the nut flush draw it is unlikely that a semi-bluff will win you the pot so that equity is gone. At an LP table, I like limping with GOOD drawing hands like medium-high suited connectors, suited one-gappers and small pairs.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:02 PM

The mistake was definately the turn, and as most of you said I should have just pushed (but when I caught top 2 I figured I could just milk him all the way down). If I don't push, he is folding his last $25 after a missed draw and I am missing out on all of that value, and if he calls 2/3 pot he is probably calling a push.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:03 PM

Let's just say I was 100% sure I had Villain2 beaten. I was trying to narrow down V1's range here and hopefully get a fold from him. Unlike V2, V1 is not a donk.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I like the c/r, but If i get called and get no help on turn, I am done with betting. I think a c/r lets us know if we are best here.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can it tell you that? OP said they;ll call down with most hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

These types of opponents will gladly call every lead I make, but when I check raise, it jostles them and lets them know I am in teh hand and I mean business. Usually it gets these types to fold unless they really like their hand.