Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Played bad ?

Cryptologic 0.25/0.50 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (8.60 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.30 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

River: (13.30 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: 13.30 BB.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Played bad ?

bet river, the two didnt change anything
Old 11-27-2005, 07:01 PM

Played good if you bet the river. MP1's turn call shows that he didn't like the ace, looks like he's got a big pocket pair. The BB probably liked the A, but you beat him most of the time.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:06 PM

The way it played out, river is an easy bet. But I think the most crucial point in this hand is the turn. We improved in the worst possible way here, as BB's lead could be slowplayed trips, 2 diamonds, 1 stupid diamond, or a losing ace. I think MP1 is usually pretty far behind at this point anyways (unless he has a K/Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]), so I don't mind him calling behind us. I'd hate being 3-bet since we'd need to call on FH outs. So I'd be happier calling on the turn and reevauluating on the river.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:47 AM

Hi pocketset. Welcome to the forum.

MP1's flop raise suggests that the A didn't help him. Bad luck if he's on diamonds. BB waking up when the A of flush hits isn't super news for us. I just call since we're not that confident that we have the best hand, BB isn't folding trips, MP1 will often be putting chips in incorrectly when he calls.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:52 AM

the river is an easy value bet given the action on the turn

the turn is confusing, but i think you played it correctly.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:18 AM

Besides being loose on the original call preflop I think you played it well.

The reason you should not play A9s UTG,+1 or +2 is you really do not want to be raised with a dominated hand like that.

IF you want to play A9s at least raise in. If you question raising in qith A9s then . . . .should you be even playing it?
Old 11-28-2005, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides being loose on the original call preflop I think you played it well.

The reason you should not play A9s UTG,+1 or +2 is you really do not want to be raised with a dominated hand like that.

IF you want to play A9s at least raise in. If you question raising in qith A9s then . . . .should you be even playing it?

[/ QUOTE ]

A9s is an easy limp at most tables.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:23 AM

i think the average looseness at this level justifies Axs from any position.... just imo
Old 11-28-2005, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

A9s is an easy limp at most tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, I am a bit confused! What are you trying to hit, If an Ace hits, then your kicker is in doubt, if the 9 hits (usually) there are overcards out there, so again you have problems. Only safe cards for you is to flop your flush or 4 to the flush. Are we saying that at this level, we will get paid off, if the flush is out there?

I would have been tempted to fold this PF, in early position,I think that overall the limp is marginal, and at worst a long term loser. Reads dependant of course...