Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: How\'s My Line

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt this will happen. He 3-bet PF. Unless you have a read, it's nearly always autobet on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

In a situation like this, you are probably right. However, if the pot is 4-5 handed, I think there is a larger chance of a check if the player is a decent TAG.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn and river, you should bet/fold and bet. If you get raised again on the turn, you are beat, and you will lose 1 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I really just bet-fold the turn? I agree that if I get raised I am almost certainly behind but, in that case, I quite likely have 5 clean outs and will be getting 10:1 to call the raise.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:37 PM

Default RESULTS

Thanks for all of the good input.

Button had JJ and MHING.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Turn and river, you should bet/fold and bet. If you get raised again on the turn, you are beat, and you will lose 1 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I really just bet-fold the turn? I agree that if I get raised I am almost certainly behind but, in that case, I quite likely have 5 clean outs and will be getting 10:1 to call the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

A ton of people seem to disagree but I believe my explanation makes total sense. You are right about the 5 clean outs; however, I believe you get only 8-1 (not 10-1) to call the raise, and you need 8.2-1 to justify a call. Furthermore, if you bet/call the turn, you will trap yourself for another bet on the river when you miss: don't kid yourself - you will definitely call the river for 10-1 odds with your middle pair, even though you decided you were beat on the turn. So therefore you aren't risking a single bet for those 5 outs, you are really risking two which makes the draw quite unprofitable. It is important to think a street ahead with these kinds of tough turn decisions.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its probably pretty close. You are getting 10:1, but if you think villian is tight and is only raising the turn if he has you beat then you probably have about 4 clean outs, which makes it close. AA, TT, and 99 are all strong possibilities which hurt things a bit (Throwing in ATs would make things worse). Now, if you think he still could do this with some worse hands like AsKs, or KsQs, then you are going to also have to call the river when you don't improve, so you are always putting in 2BB unless a river spade drops.

I know you're TAG read came later, but if you would've had it before, are you calling the river?
Old 12-29-2005, 03:23 PM

To me this hand is very close between calling all the way down and calling until the river, then check/folding.

It all depends on how likely you think villain will check behind with KQ and big aces on the river unimproved, and how badly you want to get to a showdown against this guy ( you might be still developing a read or been bullied a bit by this guy, etc).

If you think this guy is a decent player and you might be playing here for a while, my personal choice is to start off with some thin calldowns and then readjust my read, possibly leading me to make somewhat tough laydowns as the session goes on.

Luke