Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 09:07 PM

Default My sevens good?

Preflop 3-bettor is very aggro preflop. He iso 3-bets AJo, 3-bets 44 in the BB in a multiway pot.
Postflop he tends to calm down, although I couldn't see a lot of his cards.
The other player (UTG) is a 65% VPIP fish who will chase all the way and makes very bad bluffs HU occasionally.

Your plan for this hand please..

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Old 12-12-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: My sevens good?

check-call and donk the turn? If you bet out, you're probably getting raised with hands you still beat (AJ,AT, JT) and it usually doesn't get much respect. The c/r kind of sucks because if he has stuff like AJ,AT,AJ he's gonna call you're c/r and still peel on the turn. After he calls you're c/r you could still be ahead, but its a tough board to fire a second shot at and checking would give a free card that you really wouldn't want to give to some of those hands.

Also, I'd wanna see what UTG does, if button bets and UTG calls, I'm probably out. The chances I'm good + reverse implied odds would make continuing marginal.

Tough hand. I wish I knew how to play it!
Old 12-12-2005, 11:38 PM

I c/f because I don't see a way of continuing that doesn't lose money.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:46 PM

Your hand is currently best a lot, but it is hard to play. Trix said in an AIM conversation that he leads the flop after not having put in the last raise preflop. I think this could possibly be one of the times that it is good. If he has A high, he is put in a really hard position, and if he bluffs you out, so be it.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:25 AM

interesting hand. I am torn between all the replies thus far. the c/c - turn donk line is very interesting, seemingly unorthodox, may shake up villain.

c/f is the "safe" but also the weakest line if our hand is best. Button did 3bet PF which means we can amp up the likelihood of holding a bigger PP, K, or Q, so i can see why the c/f is a decent line.

donking the flop is all well and good, but what is our reaction to a flop raise? fold there? call and c/f the turn? lead the turn if the flop bet is called?

I think the coolest line is c/c - donk. That way if we're raised on the turn we can muck it, and we might confuse villain enough to check the river through...

Nevertheless, good hand to discuss. I agree we need UTG out if we're going to get anywhere with this hand, as 77 are likely not good against three. actually, given that, maybe c/f the flop is a good line...