Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Humor me please with a little Short Stack discussion!

not sure, but if all of the guys behind you called with 55+,A5s+,KJs+,QJs,A6o+,Kqo

it would be -cEV.

That might be BB's calling range, but theres no way the whole table is like that.
--

I have a spreadsheet that calculates this, it's not complete, but if you wanted to mess around with it, lemme know and i can email it to you.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:23 AM

10BBs you have to push that i think. You are of course rooting for everyone to fold. If there is a hand that dominates you behind, they are definitely going to call, but the huge blinds and antes compensate the pot odds a bit. There is also a chance that nobody will have anything good enough to call you with and you significantly increase your chipstack just with the blinds.

KJs is about the worst hand I would do this with UTG+1.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:28 AM

Do you really think it's that easy of a fold? At around 10BB there is a decent chance that two big suited cards are the best you will see before being anted and blinded into oblivion. At least when you are first in, you still have enough chips to hurt someone, so most people will likely have to have a pretty good hand to call. There's definitely some fold equity there making it a bit of a semi-steal.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:43 AM

So it seems like the consensus is a push...any merit to making it 5000-6000 and folding to a push?
Old 10-24-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So it seems like the consensus is a push...any merit to making it 5000-6000 and folding to a push?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you know your opponent would only push TT+ and AJ+, I suppose you could fold, but even then it is close. If opponent is pushing with a more reasonable range (or if he is capable of pushing with nothing), the fold becomes pretty bad given the odds you are going to be getting...
Old 10-24-2005, 02:22 PM

i'm not sure if the consensus is to push... there was mixed opinions of it. I think a push is right, i'd like to ehar the reasoning the other guuys suggested it was wrong.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesnt Harrington push in this exact same spot with KQo in LA and say it was definitely right? Are those 2 hands much different?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's LA? If you mean LP (late position), then that right there tells you that the 2 hands are much different.

If you have a tight agressive image here, pushing may be profitable, but I still probably fold here and wait it out. There's a chance that someone behind you will wake up with a pair or 2 big cards and with KJ, 2 big cards have you dominated more often than you'd like. You're NOT yet desperate enough to make a move like this in EP. I vote for a fold, though I don't think pushing is all that wrong. Calling is horribly wrong though.