Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 07-04-2005, 03:02 AM

Default Finally won my ME Seat

In today's 650 on Stars.

I literally couldn't have done this without what I've learned from this forum, and I must say that watching MLG navigate his way to the finish line in his 650 was in my mind as I went the last 3 hours with no pairs above 77 and AK only once. Re-raising with air is fun!

Wow, see you in Vegas baby!
Old 07-04-2005, 03:06 AM

Default Re: Finally won my ME Seat

Quietly sweated you. Well Played !!

Anything come of the "I have a straight" comments?

Still in the 33 rebuy with 36 players left and 4 seats. Second in chips.

Hotrod
Old 07-04-2005, 03:09 AM

Good luck in Vegas [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2005, 03:46 AM

congrats Double Eagle, I just got mine too in the same Satellite. My handle was noiseboy, but I don't think you were at my table. I had a really hard time at the end as I was short and a huge stack (whose seat was already in the bag) was simply going allin every other hand and, worse, he acted right before me. I folded QQ, JJ, AK, and 88 on the bubble because I couldn't risk an allin against him. It was torture because the only reason I was short was a fairly long cold streak from when we got down to about 60 or so. It's like crap, I've been waiting for a decent hand for hours and now I get one and have to fold! The QQ was really tough to drop, but it was worth it. Good luck in Vegas!
Old 07-04-2005, 03:56 AM

Hi Bobby, I'm ZeKGB on Stars. We had fun stealing and re-stealing from each other when I was the button on your BB. Very well played as it did appear you were as card dead as I was for the last couple of hours. See you in Vegas!

Edited to say: Post some of those close folds, will be interesting to discuss....
Old 07-04-2005, 04:28 AM

Oh that was you, congrats, you really were starting to piss me off, then the one time I picked up a hand, you didn't raise me. LOL The funny thing was I finally picked up some chips and was going to get my revenge when you were reseated so that I was in steal position on you, and that f'er with the big stack kept raising it before it got to me, stealing my thunder every hand. It was horrible because I had to drop my QQ when I was sure he had a weak A. Thank god for HOHII, I might have called before, but my chances of winning at that point had to be greater than 60% if I just folded. I'm not sure, I knew it was close because we were still 3 out of the money. If he raises a normal amount then I might consider a push, when I at least have a bit of fold equity, but he kept just pushing before it got to me, and bubble considerations forced me to fold almost anything. What a pain that was.

I kinda feel sorry for the guy who bubbled, he played pretty well throughout, although if he had all three windows open at the end, he coulda figured out that he could just fold and I would have to play a hand before him. I think he just got short and saw 88s and thought, I'm going to pick up this pot. However, the big blind was a fairly big stack and had a mandatory pot odds call, so it was actually a pretty horrible play. I just feel sorry for him because when he hit that set of 8s he had to think he was Vegas-bound then that straight hit.

Anyway, I should've known it was a 2+2er that kept messing with me. I thought the Coop guy played pretty well in a LAG sorta way too. I feel pretty proud I made it considering the aggressive and tricky players I had on my right.

BTW, have you had any luck registering yet? I bought my plane tix, and all that, but the regonline.com/22804 website still shows me as unauthorized. I guess I'll just try again tomorrow.

Let me know if you are meeting up with any 2+2ers in Vegas. I'm going to see if I can talk riverboatking (the 2+2 guy who kills the Commerce NL cash games) into coming.

See you there! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Man, I am so high on adrenaline right now. Maybe we'll cross paths in Vegas, hopefully this time I will have some position on you.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:39 AM

Coop cracked me up, but thank god for him as I restole from him 4 or 5 times, the best hand I had was QT I think. He got pretty lucky a few times, but I really was hoping he would bust as he is definitely hard to handle when he has chips.

I think there is a 2+2 get together planned at some point so I'm sure I'll meet you there. Great job and congrats once again!
Old 07-04-2005, 04:46 AM

yeah, i repopped coop a couple of times w/o much as well. Actually, going all LAG at the end kinda works at a tight table. I used my cold streak to resteal a few times since everybody probably thought I was a lot tighter than I actually am. One time I reraised you and you mentioned you would have pushed against DrCoop. I only had AJo, but I think you might have laid down a pretty good hand there. Did you lay down a medium pair?
Old 07-04-2005, 04:52 AM

No, I had something pretty bad there, I think K2o. Never in danger of calling obviously but I wanted you to sweat a little...
Old 07-04-2005, 05:04 AM

Well I made it too!! Thanks to everyone!

BTW, DE were you able to complete the online registrations?

It says I'm not authorized [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Hotrod