Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: *TT* rates OOT\'s fashion sense

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its amazing that a guy in pants like those can get a girl like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The above statement was recently uttered in a poker room about the OP. Know your source, people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pimp baby... pimp.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 05:15 PM

Suit
Shirt
Tie (Plum, the bottom one)
Links
Shoes (in black)
Watch

Working this time maybe?
Old 12-21-2005, 05:26 PM

Shirt and jeans: Banana Republic

Shoes: Dr. Martens

Watch: Movado Sports Edition Automatic

Belt is just a simple black one with a silver buckle. Sorry I don't have a pic of it.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Suit
Shirt
Tie (Plum, the bottom one)
Links
Shoes (in black)
Watch

Working this time maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Suit: Nice choice. If you were to aim higher, where would you go? I recommend Oswald Botang, you can find him on Saville Row.

Shirt: I'm a fan of Thomas Pink for the prince point, but this specific shirt is not one of their best. Make sure you take it to a tailor, tuck in the upper sleeves and nip the back so it form fits your body nicely (and yes you can do it even if you are over weight, it actually looks better guys!)

Links: Excellent. I prefer a small dab of color personally, but grade A choice

Tie: Don't let me down now. Perhaps you should go back to Thomas Pink? Its a nice tie, but considering the outfit you need to take it up a notch

Shoes: Standard. Well done. Personally I'd prefer Costume National boots with your suit, but thats just me. You hit it on the hear here. A++

Watch: Ewwww!!!! WTF? You really let me down with that one. I won't begin to discuss why, but its the low point of your selection. You lose 1.5 points for even considering it! Too bad, you would have been the first 10.

On the *TT* sliding scale I deem your outfit an 8.5. Dump the watch and you will go right to the top of the class.

Old 12-21-2005, 07:26 PM

First, thanks for the thread, its somewhat interesting. That being said,

[ QUOTE ]
Watch: Ewwww!!!! WTF? You really let me down with that one. I won't begin to discuss why

[/ QUOTE ]
isn't discussing why kind of the point? I thought the maple-wall-unit watch was hideous, but could understand why you liked it once you explained.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shirt and jeans: Banana Republic

Shoes: Dr. Martens

Watch: Movado Sports Edition Automatic

Belt is just a simple black one with a silver buckle. Sorry I don't have a pic of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This outfit screams look at me, I'm an individual. But we all know better, you are a walking drone for the fashion insecure. I first wore Doc Martins in 1984 (Docs, Fred Perry, and Ben Sherman - once again at 99x) and they weren't cool then, and they are not cool now. OK... I lie. They are actually really cool, but the problem is that everyone who wears them doesn't know how to match their outfits so they look good - hence they are uncool.

You are in decent shape, why are your clothes 3 sizes too big for your body? Its a good look for many people, I don't think its a good look for you.

MY last complaint is that you didn't try very hard, you got to think out of the box. Even the watch is average, its a standard Movado. Be creative, by something cheaper but have fun with it. Let your freak flag fly!

You have earned 3 on the *TT* sliding scale.

Old 12-21-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First, thanks for the thread, its somewhat interesting. That being said,

[ QUOTE ]
Watch: Ewwww!!!! WTF? You really let me down with that one. I won't begin to discuss why

[/ QUOTE ]
isn't discussing why kind of the point? I thought the maple-wall-unit watch was hideous, but could understand why you liked it once you explained.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok ok ok... you got me there. The watch is great for some outfits, but its hideous for what he is wearing. Id rather him not wear a watch at all, his suit is powerful but the watch says "second tier".

Old 12-21-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The watch is great for some outfits, but its hideous for what he is wearing. Id rather him not wear a watch at all, his suit is powerful but the watch says "second tier".

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is it bad for what he's wearing? Too simple? Too small? Too black? Too feminine?

Inquisitively,
RunDownHouse
Old 12-21-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The watch is great for some outfits, but its hideous for what he is wearing. Id rather him not wear a watch at all, his suit is powerful but the watch says "second tier".

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is it bad for what he's wearing? Too simple? Too small? Too black? Too feminine?

Inquisitively,
RunDownHouse

[/ QUOTE ]

His suit is very British, a Saville Row designer. The watch should match. Emporio Armani is sleek Italian 1980s - a mismatched sensibility.

Remember the scale is sliding. Whats bad for him, would not necessarily be bad for someone else. I was just chatting with EdTost.. that watch would rule with the outfits he wears.

Old 12-21-2005, 07:37 PM

TT,

When it comes to getting shirts tailored, what should one expect to spend per shirt? And how does one best go about finding a good tailor, outside of giant metro areas like NYC? I live in a suburb of Dallas, and I don't really want to take my clothes to a random asian family to get tailored... an asian family about whom I've heard good things, fine, but I don't run in circles with people who need clothing tailored. I have a dry cleaner I trust, but they were recommended by a friend.

I'm 6'5, 185 - the photo I posted shows me in a decent slim sweater, but generally, my shirts are too big for my body. I end up having to buy shirts that are too big for my body because my arms are too long for a generic "medium," so I end up buying a generic "large," and wearing a damn balloon of a shirt that - thankfully - has arms that are long enough.

Aside from becoming less poor - something that I'm obviously working on - is finding a good tailor and getting my shirts properly tailored to my body a good option?

I feel like this post ended up being written completely backwards, but hey.

Thoughts?

yasher