Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 06:24 AM

Default Re: The Official Richest 2+2er Speculation Thread

[ QUOTE ]

I know that Paluka and El D both have pretty high paying regular jobs. There was a thread a while back where El D compared his yearly earn to somebody playing poker. I believe it was somewhere in the 500-800k range but I coudl easily be off by a large margin. This isn't anything I know special, I just remember pointless [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Diablo has a regular job? I thought he was some bum grad student at a certain university? And if he does have a regular job that pays that much (I have an idea of what those jobs are), I cannot possibly see how he could have this much time to post on 2+2. I call BS on the whole thing.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ignoring any "celebrities" that come to these boards who do you think is the richest 2+2er?

[/ QUOTE ]
Scheisse!!
Old 12-12-2005, 01:09 AM

OK, we know JV and stox make millions playing poker each year. I'm gonna guess that stox also has a very well paying day job. We know Paluka plays 300/600 with a bankroll from working, not playing poker. We have had thebadguy described as "a really rich guy from India who obviously does not care at all about money".

I think that due to the fact that Paluka and stox are both apparently in finance-related jobs they are probably in the 20-50 million net worth ballpark. This is good. However, wealth from business ventures will easily surpass this. Therefore, I'm guessing that either thebadguy or someone else who has access to insane amounts of business-related wealth is the richest 2+2er.

And my friend's dad is one of the richest 20 people in the world, I believe. This seemed like a good thread to post that piece of information.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:14 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

wow
Old 12-12-2005, 01:18 AM

I know
Old 12-12-2005, 01:19 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

lol
Old 12-12-2005, 01:24 AM

ok, I can let you get the last word since that seems to be important to you today
Old 12-12-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that due to the fact that Paluka and stox are both apparently in finance-related jobs they are probably in the 20-50 million net worth ballpark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget that Paluka was a professional Magic player for quite some time. This should at least triple whatever your estimate would be without factoring Magic in. Did you know he even has a card with his picture on it?!
Old 12-12-2005, 02:05 AM

[censored], I overlooked that. Now my careful calculations all come crumbling down. I'm gonna have to change that precise estimate of 20-50 million to 20-100 million now. Thanks, ZJ! (And congrats.)
Old 12-12-2005, 04:48 AM

I would be seriously surprised if either Pauluka or Stox were worth 25% of the low end of your range. I could be wrong though.