Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 12-07-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: UltimateBet WPT Championship seats 150,000 UPs

When Pokershare was around I emailed them and asked to be increased to 4 tables.
Not sure if it works the same for UB but may be worth a shot to increase the # of pts per hour.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
right now it's way too prelimninary for any of that...I think there is much less than a 50% chance that I will actually go all the way with it.
There's probably barely a 50% chance that I'll still be with this by the end of the week.
So don't count on much.

[/ QUOTE ]

you lasted longer than i did and i e-mailed them and got them to let me play 4 tables. they said they allow "professional" players to play 6 tables but that comes with length of account and history of business etc (i opened a new account with rakeback...that was a must for me if i was even going to try). so if you are serious about it you can bug them to bump you to 6 tables probably.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:40 PM

not sure how serious i am about it...but I'm up to 3k points now.
We'll see.

I got them to bump me to 4 tables (I explained that I would love to be able to play 4 or 5 tables...or more if they allowed..but they only gave me 4).

Obviously anyone who's doing 6-tables has an advantage over me...but I wonder how many full-timers there are on UB that are even attempting this.

Playing overnight most of the 6-max tables I was on eventually died out. There were zero 6-max tables at 3/6 or 5/10 that were running at all.

Obviously there could be players doing it at different limits or at full-ring.
But at 2/4 and below you probably aren't accumulating points as fast. And on full-ring the hands don't come quite as fast either.

I suspect that IF you get to 150k points you might get it....and they are limiting it to the first 10 just IN CASE they get that many players actually accomplishing it.

As far as more than 4 tables goes - The 6-max tables go so fast on UB that it's tough for me to keep up with even 4 of them. I might bug them about getting more in....but it's quite difficult keeping up with all the action imo because you're getting so many hands per hour on each table.

I started late on the first day (because I didn't know about it until late afternoon) but have really had to work just to get my 1k points per day so far.
And that's not going to cut it.

There are 120 or so days to get 150k points (from Dec 6 to Apr 6) so you have to get more than 1k points per day just to have a chance.
This is pretty tough.

For 1.5k points per day you pretty much need to play almost 3k hands per day (this would include starting some of your tables so that you get 25% more points...counter-balanced by some of the hands you play not being raked so zero points on those).

It's a lot of hands.

However, I think I'd be willing to crank out 130k hands to win a $12k package (with travel-cash, etc) to the WSOP or somewhere....so 300k hands for a $28k package is comparable.

Anyway...we'll see how far I get with this...but it's my hunch that there might not be much competition for trying to get this thing.
For all I know, maybe I'll be one of just 2 or 3 people or something to actually go all the way with this.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:57 PM

I would love to beable to try a run at it, but I currently don't play at stakes near high enough to garner points quick enough.
Of the people that make it, i'd be really curious to see what stakes they play, and what the lowest stake is that qualifies.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:32 PM

3/6 and even 2/4 should do fine.

when i did my marathon on party i had to do it on 10/20 6-max because the point structure is different.

thankfully i had just enough bankroll to take my shot at 10/20 and try it...and i started on an upswing. One significant downswing would have done me in.
In the party one it would have taken significantly longer at 5/10 6-max.

But on UB there isn't much difference points-wise between 3/6 and the higher limits. And 2/4 is pretty close to 3/6 in points. This is good for me because I do not currently have the roll for 10/20.