Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 02:51 PM

Default stop and go at 10+1\'s

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter

SB (t3025)
Hero (t1525)
UTG (t890)
MP (t875)
Button (t1685)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t200</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls t100.

Flop: (t450) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets 1325(all-in)</font> UTG calls 690

Turn: (t450) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t450) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t450

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has As Ts (one pair, queens).
UTG has Ah 6d (one pair, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins t450. </font>

Barring results, does anyone like my play?

The reason that i including results was to illustrate that this play seems to not increase or possibly even decreases my FE at the 10+1's. Maybe im just misunderstanding the play, but i'd like some opinions.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: stop and go at 10+1\'s

I'd be more inclined to raise it half the pot with the intention of folding if he comes over the top.

Also, I don't think this is a stop and go.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:06 PM

i forgot to mention my read of utg. This is his standard raise and he's been making it a lot.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:11 PM

I don't like a stop and go here. Depending on your read of the opponent (loose or tight), you're either way ahead if he has a wide range or way behind if he's got a very tight range.

If you want to play this hand against this opponent and you perceive him as a loose maniac, push allin and get all your money in with the best hand. Don't let him fold a dominated hand or a hand you're ahead of (A7+, KT+, QJ). If he has a low pair, you want to see all five cards to make it a coinflip.

This is a push or fold situation. Don't be fancy.