Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 07-20-2005, 07:38 AM

Default Tonight WSOP Circuit tourney? Did everybody read caro\'s boof of tells?

I have never seen so many people picking up on tells and being right so often on an episdoe as i have on this episode. It was scary! They musta all read caro's book of tells.

I only saw a little over an hour of last half but the hands that come to mind are these.

Lee raises Gabriel(or whatever his name is) reraises 92off??(musta had a HUGE tell on this guy to make this play) then its up to jennifer and she think for a second and looking at gabriel and all of a sudden she jumped(she picked up on something for sure that she then knew he was on a stone bluff) she then stood up and was deciding whether it was worth coming back over the top or gamblinf for what she had left if called because she knew he was weak. And her and gabriel musta knew lee was weak. He(lee) musta been doing something that was easy to pick up on. He was the most inexpereinced by far. Anyway she mucked(she had nothing by the way). But her reaction while looking at gabriel was scary. If you watch it again look for it.(maybe i'm jumping to conclusion, and i only saw it once but thats what it looked like to me).

The jean bellerde bets flop lee raises jean moves in lee has to muck(this one not so impressive as jean may have done that even without a read just hoping lee was screwing around. But nonetheless a correct read. Not to mention Lee reading jean for not having a hand on the flop either.

Jennifer raises k10s lee reraises A rag Jenn moves in. Again i think she had a pretty good read on him as she didnt even think about this play. And usually she deliberates so i feel she was farily confident he was weak and making a play.

I don't put emphasis on reads as much as other people do. Daniel says he doesn't either. But i think in NL it can be very important as once you have the read down it can pay huge dividends even if on only one big hand. Not to mention many others. But was going on at that final table? Did everybody take an esp pill that night?

Btw, to change the subject isn't jennifer the sweetest and cutest high limit poker player there is? I mean she genuinely comes off like a very nice and cool person. She doesn't have the chip on her shoulder that alot of the other players do.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Tonight WSOP Circuit tourney? Did everybody read caro\'s boof of tells?

Lee had tons of tells. JR Bellande had tons of tells. It was really sad. It was amateur night. I doubt we'll see that J.R. Bellande ever again, he's not that good of a player at all, just caught a couple great hands when other people had nice hands as well. Wasn't impressed with Doug Lee either.

Harman owned this table, unfortunantly she couldn't catch the cards to acquire enough chips to make it happen.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:21 AM

Default Re: Tonight WSOP Circuit tourney? Did everybody read caro\'s boof of tells?

I even picked up a tell on Ivey when he moved all in with his 9-5.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:25 AM

Bellarde has an uncanny ability to amass a ton of chip in tounrmants even very ealry on. I'm sure he bust outs early many times as well. And even when he does get these huge chips ealry i bet he blows it by getting involded in spots top players wouldn't if the few times i have seen him blow huge stacks(and the way he blew them) is any indication. But he is very dangerous and a terror once he gets some chips and i think you will definately see him again. And he would be right up there with one of the last people i would want on my left with a big stack. Although also you best chance of doubling up(besdies hon "kamikazee" le). But forget about trying to stela his blind or anyone else blind for that matter if he's on your left. Shut it down!
Old 07-20-2005, 08:47 AM

not sure if this was heads up or 3 ppl left. but Lee hit top set of jacks on the flop. jen checks he checks. the turn is an ace and harman bets out something like 100,000. lee checkraises, how much im not quite sure. harman folds and says almost immediately "trip jacks"
Old 07-20-2005, 08:48 AM

No.. Lee turned his cards over and showed her, then she said Trip Jacks.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:51 AM

wow, oops. was playing poker while i was watching so i must've missed him turning over the cards.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lee raises Gabriel(or whatever his name is) reraises 92off??(musta had a HUGE tell on this guy to make this play) then its up to jennifer and she think for a second and looking at gabriel and all of a sudden she jumped(she picked up on something for sure that she then knew he was on a stone bluff) she then stood up and was deciding whether it was worth coming back over the top or gamblinf for what she had left if called because she knew he was weak. And her and gabriel musta knew lee was weak. He(lee) musta been doing something that was easy to pick up on. He was the most inexpereinced by far. Anyway she mucked(she had nothing by the way). But her reaction while looking at gabriel was scary. If you watch it again look for it.(maybe i'm jumping to conclusion, and i only saw it once but thats what it looked like to me).

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure Jennifer had AK. The commentators complimented her on her "read" (she seemed to indicate she thought they both had nothing), but the fact is, she still didn't act on it with a premium hand.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:21 AM

No not at all. I don't know what hand you are talking about wiht Ak i did not see that hand. The hand i'm referring to i believe lee had A rag, gabriel 92 off, jenn a j8 off or something like that. If she had Ak in this hand with how much she wanted to play given she sensed weakness all around she woulda moved for sure.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:26 AM

Lee has the button and raises with A8o. Gabriel hesitates, play acts and reraises with 92o.

Jennifer had Ad Kh (or Ah Kd, they were both red but not suited).

Bellande said he was going over the top with AJ or better and looked down at Q6o.

Lee folds and shows the Ace at which point Jennifer knew she made a mistake.

She shoulda won anyway, Lee caught that 3rd ten....