Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-23-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Vodka

Grey goose
Finlandia
Old 12-23-2005, 12:46 PM

I don't drink enough to have a favorite brand, but vodka and OJ is delicious.

Also, I assume most have seen this, but just in case: http://www.ohmygoditburns.com/
Old 12-23-2005, 12:50 PM

GoT, TheMetreon, JA Sucker:

"But I would definitely be able to tell the difference between any of those [Stoli, Fris, Belvedere] and Ketel and it's not close." - GoT

"I can tell the difference between Grey Goose, Chopin, and Belvedere" - TheMetreon

"The best vodka you can buy in the US is Chopin. Nothing else is close. Grey Goose and Ketel are terrible." - JA Sucker

I repeat my wager from the other thread. Ten glasses of vodka, however you like them served.

GoT: The vodkas will bs Stoli, Fris, Belvedere, Ketel. At least two will be Ketel, you simply pick out the Ketels.

Metreon: The vodkas will be Grey Goose, Chopin, Belvedere. You tell me which one you want to pick out, at least two will be that vodka.

Sucker: The vodkas will be Grey Goose, Ketel, Chopin. At least two will be Chopin, you pick them out.

I am willing to bet each of you $1000 (or more if you'd like) that you will fail this test. Since "it's not close," these guys should be giving me odds, but I'm a nice guy and will do them even money.

However, as I said in the other thread, this will never go down because before doing them, these guys will try it with their buddies first and realize they can't actually tell the difference.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:53 PM

Oni,

I've had the flavored Johnny Love's, they were pretty good. I don't recall anything especially great about them, but I liked them just fine.

As for Johnny, he is pretty much a clown, but a fun guy to drink with.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:58 PM

this thread just took a turn for the interesting.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:00 PM

Shajen,

Not really, because the bet will never happen once these guys try the test on their own and realize they can't really tell the vodkas apart.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, as I said in the other thread, this will never go down because before doing them, these guys will try it with their buddies first and realize they can't actually tell the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Senior year in college, I kept a bottle of Grey Goose and a bottle of Vladimir's so that when I offered people this exact bet they didn't have time to test it first. I just did 3 shots of Vlad and 3 shots of Grey Goose - if they managed to get it right I would buy them a bottle of Grey Goose, if they were wrong they'd give me 20 dollars. I never lost in the 5 or 6 times meathead idiots took me up on this challenge.
-James
Old 12-23-2005, 01:09 PM

bless your heart for owning this thread, Diablo.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like Grey Goose, straight up, slightly dirty. But someone just gave me a bottle of Grey Goose L'Orange. Anyone have a good drink recipe for Grey Goose L'Orange?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to use a little Orange flavored vodka in a red bull vodka, the best ratio I have found in 2 parts regurlar vodka to 1 part orange vodka.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My Senior year in college, I kept a bottle of Grey Goose and a bottle of Vladimir's so that when I offered people this exact bet they didn't have time to test it first. I just did 3 shots of Vlad and 3 shots of Grey Goose - if they managed to get it right I would buy them a bottle of Grey Goose, if they were wrong they'd give me 20 dollars. I never lost in the 5 or 6 times meathead idiots took me up on this challenge.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I once had a bottle of really cheapo vodka left over from a party. I poured the contents into an empty stoli bottle and brought it to another party. Everyone at the party was doing shots of "stoli" and telling me how great it was.

This was in the old days before the newfangled vodkas, so stoli was considered really good stuff then.

I will take some action on Diablo's prop bet.