Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

View Poll Results: To push or not to push?
not to push 1 2.44%
to push 40 97.56%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Automating Session Reviews

I've been mulling something very similar, though your idea is on a much grander scale. I'm designing a session reviewer that links back into the PT database and shows the realtime stats of your opponents. For instance, if it's relatively early in your session, and you only have 20 hands on your opponent, that's how many hands worth of stats that you'll have on that opponent.

Because of that feature, I don't think that I can really do it online.

Was planning on doing this in C# in VS2005

edit: also, I feel that "playing along" is much, MUCH more valuable in reviewing a session than just reading a prettied up hand history. Adding a feature that allows comments on every action junction would be valuable.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hadn't planned on charging anything (see "free" in OP) and hadn't thought about advertising. I (optimistally?) expected that my play would improve by the $x per month by using the site myself to cover the costs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I also expect bandwidth to be pretty cheap considering there's no multimedia files being transmitted over the wire. Of course donations wouldn't be turned down.

[/ QUOTE ]

The money that you spend on hosting the site would be trivial compared to the time (time = money) spent in setting it up and maintaining it.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, the key to this is reviewing GOOD players hand histories. If you are picking up a hand history file I think that I would like to know if it is someone who is winning at 3bb/100 and looking for minor tweaks or someone who is -3bb/100 and in desparate need of help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I can see people getting upset that their sessions are being reviewed by players they see as not good. This can be solved by making your sessions private and giving access to them only to people you trust to give you good input. For example, you could arrange a review here on the forums or numeri could organize a mass review session.

Someone with a -3BB/100 is a trainwreck that really needs to spend time on individual hands and concepts. I see the benefit of session review over hand reviews as having that extra bit of context that helps swing close calls - sort of the next step. Nonetheless, I see what you mean.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm designing a session reviewer that links back into the PT database and shows the realtime stats of your opponents. For instance, if it's relatively early in your session, and you only have 20 hands on your opponent, that's how many hands worth of stats that you'll have on that opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you're working on other aspects as well, but the PT player already does this for VP$IP and PFR. (not aggression, though) Adding aggression and other stuff like ASB would be nice.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm designing a session reviewer that links back into the PT database and shows the realtime stats of your opponents. For instance, if it's relatively early in your session, and you only have 20 hands on your opponent, that's how many hands worth of stats that you'll have on that opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you're working on other aspects as well, but the PT player already does this for VP$IP and PFR. (not aggression, though) Adding aggression and other stuff like ASB would be nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ideally, it would be like PAHUD where you can pick and choose. In fact, I like PAHUD so much that I would like to emulate it completely into the hand reviewer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 05:08 PM

Looks like your key focus is quality of review. I'm thinking back to the days where FTP sites had "points" that you acquire by uploading files, which you could then redeem for downloading files. Perhaps a similar idea could be employed in this case. You earn points by reviewing sessions, thereby allowing you to post sessions of your own. You would probably have to award points based on the size of the session you are reviewing.

Mandatory things for ease of use:
<ul type="square">[*] Every hand converted and posted according to the standards listed on 2+2[*] Reads provided automatically, if available[*] Anonymity[/list]

I briefly read over some of the other ideas in this thread. To the OP: simplicity is key. I'm a software engineer, so I might be interested in drafting some hard requirements and coming up with a solid design. I may or may not have time to dedicate, but PM me if you'd like.

Some more ideas:
One conern I noted is that players may be concerned with who is reviewing their sessions. Similarly to how these forums have a post count, this app could offer a count of how many hands an individual has reviewed. Additionally, players could provide their own stats. You may also want to include some sort of method for reviewees to contact reviewers. It may also help to provide random sessions to be assigned to reviewers.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:05 PM

I [censored] love this idea, but the organization of it all seems really difficult to put together. Are people randomly reviewing sessions? This could lead to a LOT of people posting entire sessions that would probably never be seen by anyone. I think this would have to, in part, incorporate a pairing-off system similar to what was used in the review session we did last week.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The idea for keeping people from overposting without doing any reviews would be to put an upload/review ratio in place. For example, for every 2 reviews you complete, you can upload 3 sessions to be reviewed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be my biggest concern.

Also options allowing the user to say what sort of HH they would like to review would be good so that 1/2 players aren't reviewing 15/30 games, but the top players could review smaller games if they wanted.

Overall I think something like this would be a very good idea.