Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 12-03-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Q about creationism/the Bible

OK I'll admit that I don't know much about the Bible. I'm non-religous and was raised that way. I just wondered if someone who knew more than me on the subject could clarify a problem I have with it.

If one takes the matter of Adam and Eve to be true. It is my understanding that these were the first two people on earth, and the mother and father of humanity. Now if these were the first two people from which all other people were born, wouldn't that indicate a ridiculous amount of imbreeding that went on to form the 6 billion person population we have today?

Were there actually more people originally put on earth? Is the story of Adam and Eve considered to be false? Do they not believe such things as imbreeding exist (I thought it was a sin)? Can somebody shed some light onto this for me?
Old 12-03-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Q about creationism/the Bible

here we go again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2005, 01:44 PM

I tried a search but it's so broad and so many other topics come up that are close to what I want but not it. Could you possibly direct me to one that addresses this specifically?
Old 12-03-2005, 05:25 PM

All of the imbreeding is why early man looks so much different from us i.e) A caveman. Adam and Eve had children and then a lot of imbreeding took place afterward until evolution finally cleaned it all up. There, I have now combined creationism and evolution. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Actually this was discussed in an earlier thread a while back. Use the Search function for a user named sexdrugsmoney and it will come up. Make sure you search for his post within the last year, he's been gone for quite some time.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:28 PM

Biologically 2 individuals can't sustain a breeding population. Creationists who claim Adam and Eve were the first and only 2 people created by God and everyone came from them get around this by saying they were perfect archetypes with pure genes or some tripe like that. Others believe more were created (Cain and Ables' wives and such). The sons of Heaven bred with the daughers of Eve introduced more genetic stock and created the Nephilim (but these were supposedly all destroyed in the flood, leaving another mess with Noah's small family to repopulate the earth with too little genetic viability). Then theres the Lilim, and Adams children he had from mating with spirits, creating the mazikeen and such, during his 120 year excommunication, and a whole slew of other possibilities depending on what splinter doctrines you believe. Theres might be some stuff at http://www.pantheon.org/ (or just read a bunch of anime [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])