Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-03-2005, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Limp-Reaise followed by Limp-cap!

I cap it preflop. and on the turn we have hella-equity, jam away then, too.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW did you out run AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea what MP1 had, Crypto doesn't allow you to see the mucked hands. I split the pot with CO who called all the way to the river with KQo

Mat
Old 12-03-2005, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm wondering how many people just got the rush of blood and bet or how many people actually put some thought into it and made the decision that betting was better than a c/r.

All I was saying is..as soon as I saw that Ace fall on the river, I knew three things.

1. I have the stone cold nuts.
2. There is no way this river gets checked through.

And before we all look at the river action and use our wonderful powers of result orientated thinking...the third thing I've got going through my head when I hit that river (other than $ signs) is that the so called "maniac" is on my immediate left and the most likely card in the entire deck to hit his preflop capping hand has just landed. Most with even mediocre hands are more likely to call one bet from maniac than two after maniac raises my donk.
Failing his bet, I've still got three other players AND a preflop 3bettor to act [refer to point 2].

Betting out is more than likely the best option here but I can't make up my mind. I'm hoping someone else will.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking while actually playing the hand was that after seeing the C/R attempt fail and the turn check through, there was no way I was allowing MP1 who I had put on AA get a free showdown with his set of aces. I bet out as there were plenty of hands that just had to call one more bet in a huge pot that would otherwise be just as happy to let it check through again.

Mat
Old 12-03-2005, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
free showdown with his set of aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what to say.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:36 AM

Grunch

seems fine on all streets for me given you are out of position and things seemed to have worked out for you with the nuts on the river.

BB seems to be a "cap it" gambler so you dont have to worry about him after he checks the turn...if MP1 flips over AA youll quitely chuckle when he complains of a bad beat.

nh
Old 12-03-2005, 12:48 PM

kwaz, I think a checkraise usually scares people. If we checkraise, people are bound to call the raise out of fear. We are telling them we're crushing them. It's kind of like overcalls. If we bet out, we are expecting them to at least call, and if it's raised, we can reraise. You're probably right--it's not likely to get checked through, but what if some other donk in MP decides to checkraise too? Then Mr. LastToAct gets his free showdown. This would bite the biggest balls.