Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-29-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Short handed and short stacked at 5/10

I've been playing aggressively and stealing lots of pots. Comments on this play. My opponent didn't have much left so i assumed this could be a desperation bet. Maybe too aggressive?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $10 BB (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button ($289.50)
Hero ($1234)
BB ($1542.50)
UTG ($282)
MP ($842.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $10, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($30) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $28.5</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $28.50.

Turn: ($87) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]UTG bets $85</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $340</font>, UTG calls $158.50 (All-In).

River: ($670.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $670.50
Old 11-29-2005, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Short handed and short stacked at 5/10

Do you have any stats on this guy? I mean this seems like he has a straight and is just trying to protect against a flush. I dont like check-raising this turn, if you think you are winning then lead out. This way you can gain some more information without risking as much. Even if he is short-stacked, with this type of flop, what do you think he is calling you with that you are beating. I think that a bet of like $40-50 might be a better bet than the check-raise. I put him on at least A7, u may be lucky and he may have bottom 2, but I still think that this is not that likely. I think you played this too aggressively, I think he may have a huge wrap here or something like that. Even if he is short-stacked, I dont think a player in PLO is going to risk ~1/2 of stack on just bottom 2 or something like that. If you have any info on this guy, that would help a lot.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:47 PM

LA,

The problem with a c-r in this spot is that it means he can't pass. Normally you might prefer a pass as he might be very live, or simply be infront. So I would bet, and of course call any raise.

gl

dd
Old 11-30-2005, 11:35 PM

On the whole of it i don't think people are stealing from me that often in this spot but occasionly short handed with my aggressive style people might be calling with bottom two or just an ace. My thought is if I bet out on the turn these hands likely pass and if they have the straight well then they have the straight and i have some outs. I like to throw these types of hands in every now and then as I will often bet a shorthanded flop like this with absolutely nothing and of couse then check the turn if i get called.