Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Well? ($25 stars turbo)

Insta-call and its not even close.

To quote Scuba, "This decision is easy if you do the math."
Old 10-31-2005, 01:34 PM

Definite call here. Forget maths engage brain. You have everything to gain and for the sake of 1BB you fold.

ULTRA-LAME !

Even if you had lost the hand you would still be roughly 11.5-2 as opposed to 12.3-1.2(chiplead) both of which anyone would/should take without batting an eyelid.

Think of that 1BB as an investment. Best case/Possible - win everything. Worst case/Probable lose 1BB. If that isn't a gamble worth taking I don't know what is.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:17 PM

You will likely win everything regardless of whether you call or fold. You can't say "win everything" as an upside when it's going to happen anyway.

I'm not saying that calling isn't correct but the reasoning some people seem to be using is flawed.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You will likely win everything regardless of whether you call or fold. You can't say "win everything" as an upside when it's going to happen anyway.

I'm not saying that calling isn't correct but the reasoning some people seem to be using is flawed.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, when you fold you do not hurt your position at all
when you call you do. They or he are both all in next hand anyway. maybe you'll have a kick ass 95o next hand [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 10-31-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

geez...I really am lost on this thread. I cannot comprehend how this is a clear call to most. I havent crunched the numbers, but I dont see why this is so clear...I'd fold here personally, but maybe its a mistake.

I looked at it again...I realize this is basically a HU hand. I thought SB had more...calling is reasonable...there's not much going wrong here (unless you let a guy come back on you HU and finish 2nd! bwahahahah [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )
Old 10-31-2005, 05:41 PM

well i'm not really sure what the consensus is. in this same situation again, i'm probably folding again. it feels like i'd just be giving one of them free chips, essentially a free double up.

changed my mind. not gonna worry about sb tripling up, and call because i've got odds to call BB with any two.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a professional mathematician. I've done the math, and this is a clear fold.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a professional mathematician. I've done the math, and this is a clear fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting. do you mind posting some of the work you did?
Old 10-31-2005, 11:36 PM

You're so busy looking at your numbers that you don't see the big picture. The numbers have nothing to do with this. In certain cases, you can and should take a -EV gamble if a) You have a lot of chips sitting in your stack that are useless since they have no "double-up" value, so they're basically there just for your comfort level, and b) winning the gamble will put you in a very favorable situation -in this particular case winning the tourney- while losing will leave you no worse off than you were before.

So tell me, how is this not a call? Seriously, use the link I provided. If you grasp what Gigabet is saying, it will vastly improve your game if you think that was a fold.

Kirk
Old 10-31-2005, 11:39 PM

WTF!!!!!! I call with a deuce that has no suit at all, really,edit: lol...i thought we wre on the BB, I think Im folding here