Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-24-2005, 05:21 PM

Default i just saw advent children (no spoilers)

amazing. the graphics aren't so good. what surprised me was how... japanese all the characters looked, which kind of surprised me at first because i was expected them to look like the did in the game, they were very western in the game.

some hilarious moments. i will say one thing though, cait sith was no-where to be seen. and tifa? for an animated mass of pixels, she's one hot martial artist!

btw, im in england, so it was hard for me to get this.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: i just saw advent children (no spoilers)

Did you watch the version with (supposidly bad) subtitles? Or do you speak japanese?
Old 09-24-2005, 05:58 PM

I thought the graphics were really good. It looked better than PIXAR [censored]. Movie-wise it's pretty bad unless you've played the game (I haven't) in which case I suppose it's pretty awesome.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
amazing. the graphics aren't so good. what surprised me was how... japanese all the characters looked, which kind of surprised me at first because i was expected them to look like the did in the game, they were very western in the game.

some hilarious moments. i will say one thing though, cait sith was no-where to be seen. and tifa? for an animated mass of pixels, she's one hot martial artist!

[/ QUOTE ]

...seriously, wtf? The characters did not look western in the game, not ingame gfx nor cutscene gfx. They look about as Japanese as you'd expect from a Japanese software developer. I mean, they have humongous heads! And anime-style spiky hair! Are you sure you're not thinking of FF8?

I think it's ridiculous that you did not find the animation impressive. Tell me the storyline sucked and I'll agree, but if the movie did not impress you visually you...what could?

Also, Cait Sith was in the movie. Watch it again. He's riding Red XIIV.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...seriously, wtf? The characters did not look western in the game, not ingame gfx nor cutscene gfx. They look about as Japanese as you'd expect from a Japanese software developer. I mean, they have humongous heads! And anime-style spiky hair! Are you sure you're not thinking of FF8?

I think it's ridiculous that you did not find the animation impressive. Tell me the storyline sucked and I'll agree, but if the movie did not impress you visually you...what could?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, what i meant to say was that in the game, they were syled like anime, huge eyes and what not, but in the movie, they looked ACTUALLY japenese, instead of anime.

graphics - meh, i HAVE seen better animations elsewhere. addmitedly since they were based onfictional characters they aren't supposed to be lifelike, but i thought that the motion wasn't so crisp.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, what i meant to say was that in the game, they were syled like anime, huge eyes and what not, but in the movie, they looked ACTUALLY japenese, instead of anime.

graphics - meh, i HAVE seen better animations elsewhere. addmitedly since they were based onfictional characters they aren't supposed to be lifelike, but i thought that the motion wasn't so crisp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude are you nuts? If you downloaded it of course the motion isn't going to be crisp since it's compressed. Wait till you watch the DVD or seen it in a theater.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude are you nuts? If you downloaded it of course the motion isn't going to be crisp since it's compressed. Wait till you watch the DVD or seen it in a theater.

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean the motion of the characters walking or fighting wasn't beleiveable.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:27 PM

Are you guys talking about a FF7 movie? Thats my favorite game ever. Anyway when did this come out
Old 09-25-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you guys talking about a FF7 movie? Thats my favorite game ever. Anyway when did this come out

[/ QUOTE ]

it's caled final fntasy: advent children, it's a movie form sequel to FFVII, which i agree is the best game in the world. it will never be released in england, but it is in america and japan. search on google for it. you can also [legally] download it. er... i assume.