Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: is there a way to get rakeback on party?

[ QUOTE ]
doesn't it seem like there is a flaw in the logic here?

by myself I pay over $8k a month in rake. I'm sure I cover atleast a couple fish.

[ QUOTE ]
ultimately losing players lose, poker rooms make money, and winning players make money. Therefore losing players pay for everything

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, you can't just throw the word "therefore" in and assume you've made a proof. The truth is, the more you play poker the more the site makes off of you. Fish are important because they generate more traffic on the site. The majority of players/hour are fish => that party makes most of its money off of fish. But sharks definitely add a great deal of money.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you people not understand what the word "ultimately" means?

ultimately adv
1: as the end result of a succession or process
2: after everything has been considered

The FINAL RESULT is that losing players lose, poker sites make money, and winning players make money. THEREFORE, ultimately, losing players pay for everything. This is correct.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:35 PM

wrong
Old 10-10-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sorry, you can't just throw the word "therefore" in and assume you've made a proof. The truth is, the more you play poker the more the site makes off of you. Fish are important because they generate more traffic on the site. The majority of players/hour are fish => that party makes most of its money off of fish. But sharks definitely add a great deal of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect. If you are extracting money from the site then the site is making nothing from you. They would be much better off with fish passing chips back and forth with a few trickling down the rake-hole each time.

[/ QUOTE ]
The site is making money from you. It is just that you make even more money from the fish than the site makes off of you. So naturally they are very keen on having you continue to play at their site.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect. If you are extracting money from the site then the site is making nothing from you. They would be much better off with fish passing chips back and forth with a few trickling down the rake-hole each time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. If all sharks leave, former fish become sharks as they are now the best players and have a positive EV. They will now be taking money off the site as they are winning players. But now, there are less games/players as the former sharks are gone.

SO its best for the sites to bring in volume of players, even if they are experts.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:38 PM

I agree. Although I think there are probably 2 subtle points here.

1. I think party probably gets interest on the money that it currently has at its site. so you withdrawing money = less interest on the money

2. every dollar cashed out is 1 less dollar being circulated on the tables. IF everyone was a winning player (which is impossible) then party would be out of business pretty quick. In previous responses it is correct that losing players are what run the system ie. keep money in circulation.

3. However, So long as there is X money in circulation on party poker, ignoring #1 party doesn't really care whether you are a winning player or losing player they are still making money off of you.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My affiliate has just informed me that they have reached a deal with Party that uses individual trackers.

[/ QUOTE ]

A "deal" ? That is misleading. Everyone who has an affiliate program with Party can see the trackers.

I seriously doubt anyone with an existing account will be able to switch over.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What happens when you don't keep bringing Party customers? How long has your Mom had an account? I am pretty sure that Party (you can do a search on the forums) can/will put a hold on rakeback if you don't bring them customers for a certain amount of time.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been running an affiliate program for over a year and I've never heard this. Where do you think you read/heard this?
Old 10-10-2005, 05:59 PM

I know of several affiliates that have had accounts suspended due to inactivity at Party. The only way they the accounts would be re-activated would be to sign up a new player.

Cup
Old 10-10-2005, 07:42 PM

Default You know what would be useful, Craig?

Mention all this at the raketracker website. It's a pain in the ass to sort through all the garbage threads here to find out what's going to happen with rakeback through you guys.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: You know what would be useful, Craig?

We are going to be putting something up soon. I don't have access to the "technical" end of things.

craig