Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Biggest difference between 55\'s and 33\'s?

ive just made this jump myself. I have played the 33s exclusively for the past 6 months, but now that i have dabbled in the 55s, after my first 50 sngs, i have noticed the following:
1) You need to bet 50-100% more in the 33s, in early levels, to accomplish the same as on a 55. ex. you have AK and raise to 45 in level one of the 55, you will actually get people to fold. on the 33s, you raise to 45 and more than half the table is in the hand.
2) Bubble play is quite a bit more difficult. I am not saying it is difficult, but i am saying it will require more skill and you will bubble out more often than you did in the 33s. Just be prepared for better competition and be on your game come bubble time...how often you get to the bubble shouldnt be affected all that much, but you just wont cash quite as often.

good luck making the jump to the 55s...im with ya brother! IMO, they seem pretty beatable in my limited experience.

one other difference, people actually play some poker post flop...on the 33s, people just make and call big bets and by the turn you are all in...the 1 or 2 extra solid players really make the table a different animal...but again, i think if you were a good 33 player, after a few weeks, the 55s will be just as juicy!