Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Coach hand 4...

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Villian is elnummo. My personal least favorite player. Very solid TAG. Definitely a 2+2er. 26/17/2.1/40 over 12370.

FWIW I would have donked the river even if the J had not come on the river. Therefore I thought it's probably better to donk my river 2 pair as well.

Krishan
Old 10-13-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Coach hand 4...

So you're thinking he's raising for a free showdown a lot? Seems reasonable to me. As long as he will call your river bet, donking it works. If he is solid enough to raise for a free showdown and fold to your river bet might as well checkraise and get value from a worse two pair or king.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:10 PM

I personally don't take this line often...

IMO you'll get a bet out of most pairs on the river w/ c-c because he'll be hoping for a call from AQ or a PP...If villain is known to pull free-showdown moves then I like the donk.

What are your thoughts on the river? Did you figure villain would fold most worse hands to a 3bet so your best bet for an extra BB was a river donk that he won't fold fearing a missed FD bluff? As I said it's an unusual move personally speaking and I am not sure where it's best used.

Surf
Old 10-13-2005, 09:54 PM

i think he wants villain to raise so he can 3bet.

i go for the cr as a standard.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think he wants villain to raise so he can 3bet.

i go for the cr as a standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with a c/r on the river, as it's highly likely opponent will value bet and call a c/r, but very unlikely to raise again with a worse hand (since he's a solid TAG)
Old 10-13-2005, 10:08 PM

Hey Victor,

I wasn't clear in my original post. I was referring to Krishan's statement that he would have donked the river whether he hit the J or not. I understand that bet-3betting top 2 is a good idea against aggressive opponents, but I would be hesitant to do so with TPJK.

Surf
Old 10-13-2005, 10:30 PM

Are you donking all rivers? Are there any rivers that you're donking and folding to a raise?
Old 10-13-2005, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you donking all rivers? Are there any rivers that you're donking and folding to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not an ace. No I'd be calling all raises.

Krishan
Old 10-14-2005, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not an ace. No I'd be calling all raises.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm... okay, i'd love to hear more on this. I personally see bet-calling this river to be bleeding chips...since I can't fold to the raise I wouldn't want to donk. Is it that important to bet?(clarkmeister-esque?)

Surf
Old 10-14-2005, 02:35 AM

YOu wouldn't call a river 3-bet with top 2 and a very UNscary board?