Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 02:55 AM

Default unusual B&M situation...QQ

blinds are $2/5. i am in MP w/QQ. there is one limper to me, and i make it $30 to go. there are 3 callers behind me, and the action is on the blinds. here's the unusual part.....the UTG player had not acted on his hand yet. the blind money from the BB was sort of in front of him. so, this guy wants to make it $200 to go. floor says no, he can only call or fold.

he calls.

the board is 8 high, and 3 to a straight, and 2 to a flush. UTG guy bets $100(???).

we are both deep stacked (~$1000+ in a $400 max buy in game).

can anybody play the queens here with so many to act behind me?

as for a read, villain has been up from the table awhile, and i'd only been there an hour, maybe a touch more. he has been aggressive, though, and has folded when put under pressure.

i'll check back tomorrow afternnon for replies. oh, and i did fold. <font color="white">the winner. villain showed JJ face up after everyone folded.</font>

thanks!
Old 08-13-2005, 03:58 AM

Default Re: unusual B&M situation...QQ

I don't have a problem with the fold at all.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:03 PM

bump
Old 08-13-2005, 01:09 PM

the fold is terrible.

he could be making this kind of bet with anything AK-JJ. with that many limpers betting half the pot is not much.

raise it to about 300 and be done with it if he calls and continues to show strength. what kind of flop did you want to come down? QQ2? just don't understand these kinds of weak tight folds.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:26 PM

I can't tell from your post if the blinds called too. But you have something like 5-7 people seeing a flop with 3 to a straight and 2 to a flush, and to top it off an UTG player who wanted to bump it up to $200 preflop. UTG could easily have aces or kings here and is now scared, b/c that board is really scary in a big multiway pot. I wouldn't even be worried so much about UTG, you're probably beat from someone behind you, to a straight, two pair, set, someone with two overs and a flush draw. I don't think it's "weak" to fold here. With that board, an UTG who wanted to bet $200 preflop, and 3-5 people to act behind you, I think calling would be foolish.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:17 PM

the small blind called, so there were 6 of us including UTG to see the flop.

i was thinking along the same lines as you. the reason i didn't make a play was because of everyone yet to act behind me. not that i wasn't a little gun shy of UTG because of his stack size....who wants to be stacked off by KK holding QQ, right? also, i'm very familiar with 2 of those yet to act...one who will play suited connectors all day against big pairs, and another who wouldn't call at all without a pair in her hand. the board, as i recall, was 4-5-8...2 spades.

anyway, the results are in white in the original post for those who care to see.

cheers!
Old 08-16-2005, 02:37 PM

u woulda reraised if you hadnt have left your testicles at home. If you are going to become a great N/L player u MUST always remember to bring your balls to the table. Also i read your post about LAGGING in a 2/4 game. A 2/4 GAME ARE YOU F!!!ING KIDDIN ME. Are you scared to raise when no one has anything at a N/L table if you had some balls you would make a lot more money with that $100 than wasting it foolishly at 2/4. It sounds to me like you feel like a BIG MAN raising guys in a 2/4 game filled with people with limited bankrolls plus they can only reraise you a whopping 2 or 4 dollars. Come on in to the big n/l game and pick on people your own size or if you perfer i hear people can really bully the 0.25/0.50 online limit games.

P.S. I do totally understand the way u feel at the 2/4 game. I feel the exact same way playing with a bunch of scared insignificant terds like yourself at 2/5 N/L. Now that you have located your comfort level please help us speed up and loosin up the N/L game by staying in the 2/4 game and "pulverizing it". (Don't get to excited though other players may feel weird about you wearing Elvis glasses a put-in-bay hat and getting boners at the table).

cheers
Old 08-16-2005, 02:39 PM

I'd fold very quickly.

Ryan
Old 08-29-2005, 04:03 PM

The above poster has been banned.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:10 PM

I think you should make it $300 and fold to a push. This preflop play is just weird and he is very aggro. He could have a smaller overpair or a draw or air or whatever. Is anyone else deep stacked behind you?